[Question] Add mtvu speedhack to 0.9.8
I know maybe it looks stupid and totally useless, but I would like to know if there's a way to get the mtvu speedhack on the installed 0.9.8 release, just that. (I know there are svn releases, already using it, but I'm quite happier when I use the installed version Tongue)

Thanks a lot, keep up the amazing work!

Sponsored links

no you can modify the code yourself though go back to when mtvu was added then change 0.9.8 source.
I doubt it will be easy but no one will do it for you.
not to mention that the SVNs mostly have fixes for some games that .9.8 doesn't have Smile I'm quite happy with how my games run now with r5065 and that's not even the latest version Smile
Good luck with that ;p there is a lot of code involved and if your game breaks in a new version which doesnt in 0.9.8, what's to say it isnt the MTVU hack doing it? Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(02-29-2012, 08:04 AM)StriFe79 Wrote: not to mention that the SVNs mostly have fixes for some games that .9.8 doesn't have Smile I'm quite happy with how my games run now with r5065 and that's not even the latest version Smile

Then I don't know whats my problem, but ALL my games crash with the latests svn releases, the only way to use them is if I use the plugins from the 4800 release with the svn version (When I say crash I mean PCSX2 stopped working) I'm gonna try the r5065, just in case ^^

(02-29-2012, 11:34 AM)refraction Wrote: Good luck with that ;p there is a lot of code involved and if your game breaks in a new version which doesnt in 0.9.8, what's to say it isnt the MTVU hack doing it? Smile

Oh nonono, I'm not going to edit the code, I don't even know how to do that xD I think I'll stay happy with my "normal" 0.9.8 Tongue
If all your games crash, that means something is fundamentally wrong with your config or you have the strange random crashy folder which is fixed by copying all the pcsx2 files somewhere else.

If that doesnt solve it, can you post your plugin config and your system specs?

I just realized that it crashes if I Quickload the game, I mean, If I play the ISO from the beggining or I load from a memory card everything works fine.

Btw, is it possible that the 0.9.8 sstates files don't work with new svn releases? I tried a couple of times but It always displayed the same error:

C:\Users\Fulanito\Desktop\pcsx2\sstates\SLES-54235 (C398F477).00.p2s
(pxActionEvent) Savestate uses an unknown (future?!) savestate version.
(PCSX2 ver=9a060000, state ver=9a010000)(VM_UnzipFromDisk)

That shows when trying to do a fastload from a 0.9.8 save file. (If I use the 0.9.8 plugins with the 0.9.9 svn release it loads, I'm confused right now XD)
They are incompatible for a reason, you should never really use save states, the memcard is much more stable and works across all versions.

buut if you really wanted to you could open the state with 7-zip and modify the PCSX2 Savestate Version.id to match the current ones ....but again its hackish and you shouldn't really do it.
Yeh you cant use old savestates on a new version, it doesnt work ;p If you want to continue from a certain point, it's recommended you use the ingame save function (as was intended) then move your memorycard over to the new version and load the game from that Smile

Ok, all clear! Thanks a lot

Final question: I have 2 different plugins for every aspect of the emulator, one with the plugin name and one that is the same but with a -r5110 at the end, example:

GSdx 5110 (MSVC 16.00, SSE41) 0.1.16 [GSdx32-SSE4-r5110]
or
GSdx 5110 (MSVC 16.00, SSE41) 0.1.16 [GSdx32-SSE4]

I guess it's the same plugin exactly, but is there any difference?