Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question SLES,SLUS?
Question 
Recently i accidently open with SLES,SLUS,SLPS,etc in ISO using wxHexEditor and found something about SceKerne,TTY: packet, libkernl,etc.
Actually what that file for? Is it for region only?or may be it's for how game x will execute?. Please answer... Coz i want to know it badly.
Thank you Smile

Sponsored links

SLES are for the European market, normally in PAL N format.
SLUS are for USA, normally NTSC... repeat this for Japan and so.

Those are indicators of the region the game is meant for indeed, about particular packets, each game has a proper structure, going to dabble with particular games in general fashion is out of scope for the emulation, may be useful if wanting to hack a particular game but that is on you.
Imagination is where we are truly real
isn't hacking a game is against the company's copyright
(05-05-2013, 03:59 PM)The Old Refuge Wrote: isn't hacking a game is against the company's copyright

Depend, take for example the translations, they fall in that gray area emulation itself is. On the other hand, cracking to remove protection is clear example of not being gray anymore.
removing protection to modify the game is illegal but the modification isn't ?
(05-05-2013, 04:14 PM)The Old Refuge Wrote: removing protection to modify the game is illegal but the modification isn't ?

That's the gray area, legally speaking it can be seen as so if modifying the original in any way, just not all companies will really care with that modification at all, mainly if it in some way helps selling copies.

Example: If a patch is provided to apply over the original it is in that gray area, if a working patched copy is distributed, that's piracy plain and clear.

Except when the patch is meant to remove copy protection, in this case is not even called hack but crack.
Hm... I though if game x unplayable then i change value. It'll become playable ('.' )?
Hm... I though if game x unplayable then i change value. It'll become playable ('.' )?
oh god ....
(05-05-2013, 06:55 PM)The Old Refuge Wrote: oh god ....

My thought's exactly.

No Billyash, you cannot wave a magic wand and make everything all better.
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif]
Like our Facebook Page and visit our Facebook Group!