[Question]The best acceptable c2d overclocking for PCSX2 ?0
So far in the PCSX2 forums i've noticed that many of the users here overclocked their cpu to reach their 'acceptable' performance. My question is what should i expect if i'm trying to overclock my cpu?

Specs below:
Core 2 Duo E7400 @ 2.8 GHz stock
P31-ES3G Motherboard
Nvidia Geforce 9500GT 512MB
Windows Vista Ultimate SP1

Note that i ONLY played 2D RPG Games.

Any suggestion on what is the clock speed i need to archieve? Thank you for your time.

P.S: If the answer is already posted before, please notify me for the link and close this thread. Thx
My Budget Rig ::Intel Core 2 Duo [email protected]::GA-P31-ES3G::2GB V-GEN DDR2 PC6400::GA-N95TD3-512:Wackoamsung Snycmaster 733W Just cost about 657 USD!

Sponsored links

3GHZ is good for the majority of the games. 2.8 isn't that bad. It will play 2D games just fine...I think...unless the game itself is poorly coded.
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
I am using 2.8 in my computer. It will play2D games very fine.
3,5 is that one which satisfies me
Intel Dual Core E5200 @ 3,5ghz /gigabyte GF9500GT/2 GB RAM / ASRock P45XE/ Corsair CMPSU-400CXEU
I play with a E6750 on 2.6GHz and so far I have experienced very little slowdown in DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2 and 3 and in DBZ Infinite Worlds. Dont know how it will do on other games though.
the best is an e7500 as i remember i overclocked it @ 4.2-4.5
So i should clock my pc above 3GHz to 4GHz then (hopefully i'll just change the FSB without althering the voltage). Thank you for your informations guys, it's really helpful!
My Budget Rig ::Intel Core 2 Duo [email protected]::GA-P31-ES3G::2GB V-GEN DDR2 PC6400::GA-N95TD3-512:Wackoamsung Snycmaster 733W Just cost about 657 USD!
Just don't think it's magic... Just because some people pushed well beyond the 4ghz threshold, doesn't mean you would.

In other words, don't buy a slow processor just because it might overclock to what you need, if you have the money it's always better to go with the better piece of hardware versus gambling with overclocking.

Also don't just jump right up 4ghz... As with any over clock, start slow and slowly bump up speed to test stability. If you jump right away too high you can end up causing damage to your hardware.
[Image: 2748844.png]
yep 4ghz is kinda magic barrier not so easy to brake, and OC is lottery it can go to 4 easily or cant at all no matter what you do
Intel Dual Core E5200 @ 3,5ghz /gigabyte GF9500GT/2 GB RAM / ASRock P45XE/ Corsair CMPSU-400CXEU
my e6750 is currently OC'd to 3GHz and has been running stable and staying under 50C with just stock cooling, to be honest there isn't too much difference from when i was just running it at 2.6GHz
Processor: Core i7 2600 3.4GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x2GB Dual Channel DDR3 PC 12800
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H77-D3H
Graphics: 2x Radeon HD 3870