(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.00
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_202.59;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_202.59;1

Now....out of all that is it true my CRC is 0xDF832EE7? I ask this because I am trying desperately to cheat and the PSX2CE says that the CRC is wrong......Unsure

`
[Image: FaithFactor_thumb-1.jpg]
"We call upon the flame! And glorify His name!"
-Norm "Ski" Kiersnowski

Sponsored links

The CRC there is just DF832EE7
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Ah. So I just chop off the 0x part then? Thanks.
-Norm "Ski" Kiersnowski
Yes, the 0x is to tell to the system (and the user) the following 'number' is in hexadecimal format (self evident when it has A to F digits but it's not always the case).
Imagination is where we are truly real
Ok, I tried to make a pnach for Tales of forsaken lands. It doesnt work though. Heres is what I got saved as pnach;

gametitle=Wizardry Tales of Forsaken Lands [SLUS_202.59] [DF832EE7]
comment= Wizardry Tales of forsaken Lands

//MAX MONEY
patch=1,EE,2A0B046B,extended,05F5E0FF

Where did I go wrong?

`
-Norm "Ski" Kiersnowski
the code seems to be yet encrypted in codebreak format and need to be converted to raw beforehand.

Search the web for an utility called omniconvert, use the original code (the two strings) in the left window with input set for codebreaker (there is two types, before and after version 7, that one seems to be the first case). The output is set to raw and the converted values are what you replace for the two parameters in the above code.

As example: to the provided code I inputted

Quote:2A0B046B 05F5E0FF and got 204896C0 05F5E0FF
after the conversion, your pnach line should so be:
Quote:patch=1,EE,204896C0,extended,05F5E0FF

OK it worked!! But I want to understand how it worked so I can do it myself from now on. When using omniconvert, what do I input for the game iD? The little slot at the middle bottom of the omniconvert UI. What do I put in there? And how do I know what to put?

Thanks so much. I truly appreciate it!
-Norm "Ski" Kiersnowski
The first number is the address, the memory location where the second number (the value) is put.

In the first pnach code was used an encrypted value for the address, which translates for the value being pushed in the wrong location (I hope you did not made a sstate while the wrong code was active, if so, go to a save point and save in memcard, quit the emulator altogether and reload from this memcard save. Afterward do a new sstate save to grant it's cleanness).

So, what I did was input the two values in Omniconvert and use the converted result to create the correct pnach line.

Omniconvert don't need the game ID or anything other than those two values. The several cheat devices use to encrypt their data (don't ask me why). Thus the values can't be used directly and need to be unencrypted before being applied so the actual values for the address and "what goes in this address" are what they actually should be.

Notice than although the two parameters are necessary in each line in omniconvert, you can input several lines at once and they are converted in batch. Useful for those more complexes codes or for converting several codes at once.
Thanks so much! I got it working. I dont use save states at all. I use in game save points only or if the game autosaves, then I just do that.

Now all I need to do is get my pesky codebreaker 10 disc to work....I love that I can cheat now thought I would really rather use my CB. Its all around easier to use.

`
-Norm "Ski" Kiersnowski
How exactly does PCSX2 find the CRC for a game?