Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about EE clock speed
Hey i can play a few games at full speed without speedhacks but the game still looks choppy from the original PS2 and i saw a thread about implementation of EE clocks speed instead of speedhacks and my question is when will this feature be implemented?Blink

Sponsored links

*Moved to Hardware/software discussion. Wink
Speedhacks are the EE Clock speed, thats what the first slider is..
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif]
Like our Facebook Page and visit our Facebook Group!
(10-05-2012, 03:59 PM)refraction Wrote: Speedhacks are the EE Clock speed, thats what the first slider is..

yes but im talking about customising the default speed in mhtz to provide more accurate clock for testing and even speed hacks aswell
The EE Speedhack that's in there is enough. if you're going to underclock the EE might as well do it in big steps. The clock (in relation to the other parts of the emulator) are already timed accurately.
(10-06-2012, 01:14 PM)refraction Wrote: The EE Speedhack that's in there is enough. if you're going to underclock the EE might as well do it in big steps. The clock (in relation to the other parts of the emulator) are already timed accurately.

on the case of subject, is there a way to increase the emulated EE clock speeds so games like shadow of the collosus doesnt run at 15fps internally but lets say 30 fps internally?
------------------------
------------------------
trolling mode: ACTIVE!
(10-05-2012, 03:59 PM)refraction Wrote: Speedhacks are the EE Clock speed, thats what the first slider is..

When first slider is set to far left(on 1) is that full speed 298Mhz? I read somewhere that it's about 240Mhz.And is moving it to right decresing clock?
(10-06-2012, 07:48 PM)Game Wrote: When first slider is set to far left(on 1) is that full speed 298Mhz? I read somewhere that it's about 240Mhz.And is moving it to right decresing clock?

Correct. However i was slightly missleading there as we did "slightly" underclock the EE by default as it did improve compatibility, but decreasing it further has the opposite effect for the boost of speed.
Also I want to overclock the EE because I can play sonic heroes 60fps no speedhacks and 3X Native but it looks like 40-30 fps so I also want to test overclocking as well.

Also sorry if this thread was a bit misleading.Laugh
Ehr, actually setting the correct clock is a problem depending on the code the emulated EE runs.
In general we have it right at ~300MHz but it may need more or less cycles to run code depending
on parallelism and memory access latency. This is near impossible to get 100% correct without going
back to single step interpreter mode for the whole system (forget about speed then, 1 frame per minute Tongue2 ).

We did plan to have a finer grained setting there which also allows overclocking the EE (specifically for games like SotC).
It'll come when we redo the EE eventually Smile