Question about Front-End Support
I hope this isn't out of line as I know how SVN isn't normally to be discussed in the forums, but I did not think that posting an "issue" per say on googlecode was the correct approach as I can understand the frustration for devs to have to sift through all the issues posted to refine the svn, so I will just ask here.

Revision r1888 of pcsx2 appears to have front-end support, meaning that I can use it with Hyperspin or MediaPortal or most other front-ends just fine, no issues. I was wondering if that support will continue into the new revision since as of now the current SVN under the new GUI does not appear to work with front-ends. I really like some of the things about the newer version (esp vsync, somehow it is much faster than with the gdsx plugin handling vsync - I can actually play SoC with it enabled! - perhaps some other things are sped up in the latest SVN that makes it possible - even legacy gui from SVN isn't as fast when having to enable vsync with gsdx), so was hoping that front-end support would continue in the new GUI.

Again, if this is out of line, then I do apologize, just wanted to know. Wink

EDIT: Just read this: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-12669.html

Guess that explains why vsync works better with new GUI? Anyway, wasn't related to topic. In fact, I wasn't aware of developer forum so move to that if I posted this in the wrong section.

Sponsored links

That's not up to the PCSX2 devs really...if these programs need some kind of update to work with the new GUI version we can't do anything about it.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(02-02-2010, 02:18 PM)Bositman Wrote: That's not up to the PCSX2 devs really...if these programs need some kind of update to work with the new GUI version we can't do anything about it.

Ah I see. I thought that front-ends used the "command-line" features of the emulator (so to speak). I guess I can bring up the topic at MP forums for MediaPortal. Thanks for the info.
Hm if they did use the command line options those got changed (or are not implemented yet in the new gui? don't remember exactly) so they will probably need to change how their programs handle it. Or if it's not implemented yet in our part I guess you need to wait until they are.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(02-02-2010, 02:42 PM)Bositman Wrote: Hm if they did use the command line options those got changed (or are not implemented yet in the new gui? don't remember exactly) so they will probably need to change how their programs handle it. Or if it's not implemented yet in our part I guess you need to wait until they are.

Ah, well that was my question I guess. Does anyone know if it has been implemented yet? If so, I suppose it does mean some things changed. I'm just seeing if I should figure out the new command lines if they exist or if I should just wait if they haven't been implemented. I'm not asking for support if they are implemented, just wondering if they have been. Thanks for any information.
Not implemented yet. But it will be prior to an official 0.9.7 public beta.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
(02-03-2010, 06:48 PM)Air Wrote: Not implemented yet. But it will be prior to an official 0.9.7 public beta.

Sweet. Thanks for the info Air. Can't wait for the public beta - keep up the great work!
How do you get it to work with Hyperspin? I have been trying for hours...please help.
Make your own thread regarding your problem...

1. You necromanced old threads.

2. You spammed/off topic for 3 times in a row...

*Warned