Question about My PC.
Hello everyone, im new to this, never used PCSX2. i've used it to run several PS1 games before though. Ive read the guide, and tried to configure program as much suiting my pc specs as possible. now i have quite a simple question, and i'd be very, very thankful if you could help me out. Im curious if im able to run Final Fantasy 12 on my pc. last time i tried running it ( 2007 ) it was total and epic disaster. fps like 0.001 glitches, bugs etc etc. but that was probably bad configuring problem from my side. Ive been reading lately that lastest version is quite good, with good improvements and games like ff12 run with normal fps even on normal pc's. If its possible for me to run one of my fav games on PC i would like to know which settings are best.
cpu : intel 3k
gpu : nvidia geforce 9600 512 mb
memory : 2gb kingston drr2
ps. sorry for my broken english please.
[Image: cpuidu.th.png]
[Image: cachememtkw.th.png]

Sponsored links

Most likely no, since your CPU is a bit old.
yes but ive read that ff12 on emul takes advantage of gpu rather than cpu, but ofcourse cpu is also important for emulation as well.
Yeah, but not only doesn't you have a very strong GPU, but your motherboard doesn't have a PCIe 2.0 16x expansion slot, which your GPU requires to maximize its performance. Without it you can't utilize your GPU to 100 %.

But I'd say the only way to be sure is to try the game out, and enable all speed hacks as that might gain some speed.
Unfortunately I don't know much about CPUs, but I can post my rig that runs FFXII smoothly at 60 FPS most of the time, and it looks much better than on PS2, even with small resolution increases. I use latest beta plugins with 2X speed hack and VU cycle steal at moderate.

Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.66ghz (Overclocked to 3.00ghz currently)
8800GS
2 gigs RAM
please Ryongster can you post how u configured pcsx2?
Aemony, i see, but motherb has x15 out of needed x16 aint she? thats not so bad i guess.
BoromiRofGeo;

Your cpu should support Hyperthreading. Make sure and turn it on in the BIOS if you haven't already, and then use MTGS option enabled in pcsx2. That will help a lot when it comes to FFXII, since it is a bit GPU intensive. Other than that, enable the usual entourage of speedhacks and hope for the best. Don't waste time with frame skipping, it sucks for FFXII and results in nothing less than horrible flickering and screwy imagery.

Keep in mind also the FFXII tutorial/intro will be slow -- the bulk of the rest of the game will run much faster. So suffer through the slow intro and get yourself to the first savespot before deciding if it's going to be playable or not.

My guess is that you have a decent chance of the game being playable. My old P4/3.2 with HT enabled actually did a decent job on FFXII (~15fps during the tutorial not-withstanding) and that was before the newer speedhacks and optimizations to both Pcsx2 core and gsdx.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
No no, there is a bigger difference. You have PCIe 1.0 (or 1.1), and your GPU is made for PCIe 2.0. PCIe 2.0 has twice (2x) the data transfer then your 1.0.
Here are obviously the most important settings:

[Image: cpu.gif]

[Image: graphics.gif]

[Image: hacks.jpg]

On a sidenote, I'm not an expert in overclocking, so does anyone have any info what's generally good and reliable overclock for Intel E6700?
Aemony do you normally go to hardware forum to make that kind of statements about pci-e, almost none or none graphic card use all the bandwidth of pci-e 1.1 16x.

found a statement on hardware forum on emuforums ( there a a really nice thread about this too)
Squall-Leonhart:
"Yes, only multigpu cards benefit from the additional bandwidth of 2.0."
C2D E6550 @ 2333 Mhz oc 3010 Mhz vcore 1.2750v | HD2600XT | P5KC | 1 + 1 GB G.Skill 6400HK 860 4.4.3.5