Question about Strange Controller Behavior
Hello everyone, I'm experiencing some strange controller related issues that I have never experienced before, and I'm hoping some of you may have an idea on how to fix the issue.

Background:
System: Windows 7
PCSX2 version: 1.1.0.5628
-I'm using the same PS2 controller, adapter, and PCSX version that I have been using for ~1+ years at this point, and I've never seen the issue before.
-I've also (as far as I know) have never changed any configuration files inside the program since...well I got it working the first time.

-The analog red button will light up on the controller
-The buttons/analog sticks on the controller will give the expected responses when testing it inside the program (I'm using LilyPad).

What I'm seeing (using the last 2 games I played before this happened [I've also played these games quite a bit in the past with no issues] ):

Samurai Warrios 2 Empires:
-Buttons will not work on loading screens.
-Used a save state to get to the menu selection screen, no buttons work.

SSX Tricky:
-Buttons will not work on loading screens.
-Used a save state to get to menu selection screen, some buttons worked
-As soon as a level loads, all buttons become unresponsive again.

I'm really stumped on this one because it seems like by themselves everything works...any ideas are appreciated.

Sponsored links

savestates can create issues. Please make sure that the problems are not gone when you don't use savestates at all.

Please post the emulog after you observed the problem.
Please post screenshots of the first two tabpages in lilypad settings.

What are button supposed to do during loading screens?
Also, at least update to the latest stable release (1.2.1) or a development build (1.3.1 whatever the latest is)
Seems like I partially got to the bottom of this one...Turns out someone (me) knocked the controller out of the adapter, plugged it back in, then forgot about it. Then when I tried to play later on, I was actually using Controller 2 which doesn't have all the buttons assigned (the adapter is V shaped, having 1 input on the left and right, I put it back into the left side thinking that would be Controller 1, it isn't).........ugh............

The thing that still bother me though is why would some of the Controller 2 buttons work on SSX, but none of them worked on SW2E? Just the way the games are programmed?

Anyway,
willkuer: Sorry for wasting your time.
Rassane: There was some reason I haven't updated (though I may be getting this confused). It had something to do with a compatibility issue between PCSX2 and a certain set of Nvidia GFX drivers for specific GFX cards (Nvidia acknowledged the problem existed, but more/less said they aren't going to fix it, and you'll have to buy a newer card). The card I have now still runs 90+% of games on max, so I'm not in a hurry to get a new one (again, I may have mixed up some of the details, the last time I looked into it was over a year ago).

Thanks again everyone.
Was it the graphics stretch issue? I believe that issue was fixed a while back, you can safely update
(07-25-2015, 06:52 PM)Rassane Wrote: Was it the graphics stretch issue? I believe that issue was fixed a while back, you can safely update

I'm not sure this is everything that happened, but the most obvious problem was that it had some effect on Interlacing (the screen got grainy, jittery / shaky) and made the graphics very odd looking. At that point there were no settings you could change, it was just 'stuck' like that. I know there was a big thread about it on Nvidia's forums (not only limited to PCSX2 people complaining about it either).

I suppose that trying to upgrade again couldn't hurt that much through, I'll give it a shot.

Update:
Found a link that I saved that has a pretty good rundown of what was happening (apprently it can also cause crashes and freezes on Windows operating systems, so the bad video was the least problematic issue):
http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/nvidia-freezes.html
Well, be that as it may, you can safely update PCSX2 as it shouldn't bring upon your pc this mentioned hell. Pretty sure you can safely update your drivers too, because it was a pretty serious issue so I doubt they'd leave it behind
(07-26-2015, 08:30 AM)Rassane Wrote: Pretty sure you can safely update your drivers too, because it was a pretty serious issue so I doubt they'd leave it behind

You'd think that.... (this might be the big complaint thread I saw years ago...its still active...After skimming through it, there are so many different problems with the drivers on each platform with even more fixes that may or may not work for each platform...its a mess):
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...ge79-/109/
Ah, well I've only lately had a GT640 so I don't know about these issues, but did you try what the users recommended? The bios tweaks or whatever?
(07-26-2015, 09:00 PM)Rassane Wrote: Ah, well I've only lately had a GT640 so I don't know about these issues, but did you try what the users recommended? The bios tweaks or whatever?
I tried a few of the simple fixes, didn't seem to work. Could have done more but the risk/reward ratio just wasn't good enough for me to start doing anything that could mess up my card / computer.