Question about compressing with Linuz iso
Hey guys,

I've got a question and hope you can help me: What is the sense of the possibility to compress an iso with Linuz iso? I tried it out and the file is much smaller, yes, but is there another gain by this except the size? Because I wouldn't have noticed any speedups by this and I doubt that it raises compatibility.
Rejoice, they say. Color is back.

Sponsored links

Personally i d'ont think there is a real advantage to it in some cases it can even work against performance because the emulator will have to decompress the compressed ISO file, so the only real advantage for now is Disk Space saving^^
Check my profile for System Specs (Updated).

My Youtube Channel: Dedicated to Anime, Gaming and Emulation.
Some people have reported some games getting a speed hit (only when reading data of course) but in my experience I got no slowdown, so it's a pure win situation
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(01-03-2010, 09:10 PM)Bositman Wrote: Some people have reported some games getting a speed hit (only when reading data of course) but in my experience I got no slowdown, so it's a pure win situation

I think I was too fast in deleting the file after having read that I would bring no gain... But since I'm hunting about every fps I can get with my system, I'll give it a try again. Thank for answering!
Err it will in no way increase your speed. I said it *might* decrease your speed in some cases. The advantage is saving disk space
anyway .z or .bz which one is better?
[Image: 871087.png]

*Mio sees a ghost for the first time*
Mio: Aaaaaaah!! x_x
Seriously, the way she acts, you'd think she grew up with ghosts.
(01-03-2010, 10:22 PM)Bositman Wrote: Err it will in no way increase your speed. I said it *might* decrease your speed in some cases. The advantage is saving disk space

Oh, sorry, I got the "hit" wrong^^. Well that's good, since the whole procedure took me about 40 min. I also read that the chance of a crash is given, so it's not that bad.

(01-04-2010, 08:37 AM)RenShijo-Kun Wrote: anyway .z or .bz which one is better?

Well, I'd say .bz is better, since it reads ".BZ - compress better". But I haven't really used them, so I'm not sure.
Yeah use bz, the other one barely does any compression.