Question about graphic card...
Question 
-Nvidia geforce gt610(2gb ram)
-i3 core
-2gb ram

Above are my current pc specs...Of course most games would lag ...but i came here to ask suggestions on at least what graphic card should i use to run pcsx2 smoothly.it doesnt have to be costly...but just enough..
and the game i would like to run is final fantasy x...thanks in advance

Sponsored links

I would assume something in the GT*50 range if you plan on upscaling too.
(03-03-2015, 09:23 PM)laurrence97 Wrote: -Nvidia geforce gt610(2gb ram)
-i3 core
-2gb ram

Above are my current pc specs...Of course most games would lag ...but i came here to ask suggestions on at least what graphic card should i use to run pcsx2 smoothly.it doesnt have to be costly...but just enough..
and the game i would like to run is final fantasy x...thanks in advance

I'm not sure what FFX really requires, but for pcsx2 in general something like a GT730 with GDDR5(the GDDR3 model is a lot slower) is a pretty good baseline card.
I'd go find a gtx460, cost nothing, runs well on x2.
A good price/power but more expensive would be an hd7950.
If you want to buy a new product and you want a cheap gpu, go to amd like a r7 270x, they are best in this price range.
i5 2500k@4,9ghz / Gtx980 Msi Gaming / 2x SSD Samsung 840pro 256gb / Acer Predator 24" G-sync
Corsair K95 RGB / Logitech G502 Proteus Core / Bose Companion 2 Serie III
Old JRPG fan, experienced mmo player, PC hardware expert
(03-04-2015, 03:44 AM)Coma Wrote: I'd go find a gtx460, cost nothing, runs well on x2/x3.
If you want to buy a new product and you want a cheap gpu, go to amd, they are best in this price range.

Considering the specs given, however, I'm lead to assume/believe that OP's PSU might not have either the necessary cables nor the recommended wattage to support some of AMD's stuff nor Nvidia's middle-end cards.

I'd cap it at Nvidia's GTX 750/750Ti or AMD's R7 260 in terms of the largest thing that could most likely be put in there, at least until laurrence can provide us with info on their PSU (or if the PC came from a company like Gateway or Dell or if it was built from scratch)
(03-04-2015, 03:44 AM)Coma Wrote: I'd go find a gtx460, cost nothing, runs well on x2.
If you want to buy a new product and you want a cheap gpu, go to amd, they are best in this price range.

Actually, yeah. A used card is a really good idea. XFX cards are a good choice, because they have a transferable lifetime warranty.

http://www.reddit.com/r/hardwareswap/search?q=xfx&sort=new&restrict_sr=on&t=all

Looks like you can get a 5770 for $25, or even a 6870 for $55.
I would second the suggestion of the gt-730, it doesn't consume more power , it's similar to the power consumption of your gt-610 and, it can be bought for a cheap price like 40 dollars In shops.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(03-04-2015, 03:54 AM)TehGuy Wrote: Considering the specs given, however, I'm lead to assume/believe that OP's PSU might not have either the necessary cables nor the recommended wattage to support some of AMD's stuff nor Nvidia's middle-end cards.

I'd cap it at Nvidia's GTX 750/750Ti or AMD's R7 260 in terms of the largest thing that could most likely be put in there, at least until laurrence can provide us with info on their PSU (or if the PC came from a company like Gateway or Dell or if it was built from scratch)

The PSU im using is Powerlogic Magnum 250.But it was spoiled..So while getting a new PSU i thought, why not try upgrading my pc a little ... Laugh

Anyway thanks to all users here, your suggestion is noted!
What PSU are you planning to buy ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(03-04-2015, 07:45 AM)ssakash Wrote: What PSU are you planning to buy ?

Im just planning to get the same PSU or do you have any suggestions of PSU that have almost similar prices?