Question about my computer and PCSX2
Ok, I have a Pentium 4 3.0 and I'm only running about 15 FPS. Is it because my computer can't run it to good or is it because of the game? I'm trying to play Dawn of Mana (I own the game so it isn't Illegal). I have 2.5Gb of RAM. Also, I'm getting a new computer that is running an AMD Phenom II 2.8 quad core. I read somewhere that PCSX2 didn't support quad core processors or something. But when I get my new computer in will it run this game faster?

Sponsored links

It's possible, take in count the recommended hardware for PCSX2 are a 3.2GHz core 2 duo and a 8600gt graphics card, that CPU would do ok. What graphics card are you gonna get? If you don't have a good graphics card you would end up with slowdown issues anyway.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I'm keeping my same graphics card, I couldn't really afford a good one like the 8800 or 8600, so I'm just keeping mine, it is a 7600gt.
That one shouldn't cause many slowdown problems but wont be optimal either. Guess you'll have to try it yourself but that Phenom II will be much better than Pentium 4 for sure.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Ok, was just wondering cause I wasn't able to play that game, WAAAAY to slow. My PS2 won't read disks anymore is why I'm trying to use the Emulator. I know it isn't the same as running a real PC game but I play Dragon Age on this computer and it runs pretty smooth.
(12-21-2009, 01:20 AM)Eiyer Wrote: I'm keeping my same graphics card, I couldn't really afford a good one like the 8800 or 8600, so I'm just keeping mine, it is a 7600gt.

Your 7600gt is not the agp version, is it?
AMD Athlon II 245 @ 3.55ghz, 9600GT @730mhz 1115mhz, vista sp2 32bit
PCI-e, if that is what you mean...
That AMD will run most games pretty well, and like all of the phenom II line, it'll be a pretty good overclocker. You should easily get it to over 3ghz on air and stock cooling and anything over 3ghz is good for the emulator with extra always being better.
[Image: 2748844.png]
I am playing Dawn of Mana at the moment. It benefits well from running in hardware rendered mode (graphics are stunning and amazing then!!!). So when you have a good graphics card (even my GT240 is fine already, I play it in 1152x864 windowed mode) then not too much processor power is needed for this game. Although the likes of C2D 2.8ghz is needed on standard.
C2D E8500 3166mhz => running 3800mhz, 2GB RAM, Asus GT240 512mb GDDR5 overclocked
Currently playing: none on PCSX2