Question about optimal frame pacing
Does this setting work with any of the renderers (vulkan, DX12, opengl, etc)?

The reason I'm asking is because nvidia's low latency mode, which does the same thing as the frame pacing/latency control feature in PCSX2, only works with directx 9 or directx 11 games. It does nothing for vulkan or DX12 games. So I was wondering if PCSX2 has the same limitation. If that's the case, it would be better to stick to directx 9/11 for those games that need low input lag, like fighting games.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

yes it works with any renderer and no the low latency mode doesn't do the same thing as PCSX2, unless it controls threading on the CPU between 2 programs, which I sincerely doubt. I'm not sure it will even do much on PCSX2 to be honest, I would stay with Automatic renderer and let PCSX2 pick.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sorry for resurrecting the thread, but I have a few more questions. They may be dumb, but I don't understand much about technical video stuff, it's all a bit confusing to me.

1- Do anti-lag features like optimal frame pacing/Nvidia's low latency mode even matter when v-sync is turned off? Or do I have to do both (turn off v-sync AND check o.f.p.) to achieve the lowest possible lag?

2- What is the effect of limiting the frame rate to 60 fps in conjunction with v-sync off/o.f.p. on? Better, worse, or doesn't make a difference?

I've tried different settings but it's hard to tell the difference, and I don't have the equipment to measure and get the actual numbers. But at least I would like to understand what could work better in theory.