Question about revision 5421 onwards
So, when checking the changes log for this version, it says as follows:

Quote:SPU2-X: Add extra exceptions to shortcutting silenced voice processing (which is
basically a speedhack and should probably have a GUI option). Unfortunately
this is a significant speed hit for all games,
but I have no solution to this
for now. Fixes Gegege no Kitarou - Ibun Youkai Kitan and quite likely others.

Are these extra exceptions on all the time or just when running this Gegege no Kitarou game?
If they are on all the time, does that mean that the emu will have worse performance from rev 5421 onwards until a solution for the speed hit is found?

I'm using rev 5418 right now. Should I change to the latest SVNs?

Sponsored links

there shouldnt be a reason to go to the latest svn if this build you have now is working fine.
i always update svn build when there is atleast a half year apart from them, that way they can remove the kinks and improve were needed.

its not like that with lets say svn 5450 for ecxample the emulator is drasticaly changed perfomance wise (i never noticed it anyway, but then again.. i can play everything at full speed xD)
I agree. No reason to get the latest SVN. Unless you need to have Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks looking better.
(09-26-2012, 07:36 AM)NormO Wrote: I agree. No reason to get the latest SVN. Unless you need to have Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks looking better.
5418 already has that change..
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

We'd actually prefer it if you guys that read SVN commit logs (and thus are obviously interrested in the development) always
used the latest revisions.
We need feedback on the compatibility of our changes from as many users as possible.
This particular revision adds an important check to SPU2 voice generation that affects all games.
It is a very minor speed hit, nearly not measurable here, but it is needed for correct SPU2 emulation.
my pcsx2 shortcut actually points to http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html as a bookmark rather than the pcsx2 exe

so i make sure to download the latest version before even attempting to open pcsx2

mind you my selection of games is quite limited, be it mostly squeenix games which tend not to have many compatibility problems or if they do my beast of a machine tends to burn through them
[Main Computer] - CPU: I7 950 @ 3.2Ghz | GPU: Twin Nvidea GTS 450's SLI'd | RAM: 8GB DDR3 - 1600MHz | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | EMU: PCSX2 v1.0 | GS: GSdx32-SSE4 | SPU2: SPU2-X | PAD LilyPad | CDVD ****
(09-26-2012, 02:49 PM)rama Wrote: We'd actually prefer it if you guys that read SVN commit logs (and thus are obviously interrested in the development) always
We need feedback on the compatibility of our changes from as many users as possible.
This particular revision adds an important check to SPU2 voice generation that affects all games.
It is a very minor speed hit, nearly not measurable here, but it is needed for correct SPU2 emulation.

i do follow the development of the different svn's but i dont always update to the newer one until i see a good thing in the development (your fmv softwaremode fix for example was a great addition so i downloaded that revision)
(09-26-2012, 02:49 PM)rama Wrote: We'd actually prefer it if you guys that read SVN commit logs (and thus are obviously interrested in the development) always

Ok, if the speed hit is unoticeable, I'll give the latest SVN a try! Smile