Question about running FFX and confiquration
be sure the image file (the iso....) is not been used by anything else....

and just pressing it doesnt do anything... search for your iso and open it
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest

Sponsored links

No speed hacks at the moment, and im not really sure how to view, or even what my CPU clock speed is.

Is it the speed at which my CPU can process, things?
(05-21-2010, 08:56 PM)ShanerMcbrainer Wrote: No speed hacks at the moment, and im not really sure how to view, or even what my CPU clock speed is.

Is it the speed at which my CPU can process, things?

You can see your clock speed by right clicking on "my computer" click properties and then look at the line where it says processor: intel® Core™ i7 something @(your clock speed)
in my system, it says;

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz 1.60GHz
(05-21-2010, 08:47 PM)ShanerMcbrainer Wrote: Sorry, I didn't see the post above me, I unmounted the image and now it runs, but the opening sequence is still only at 30FPS, 50% and 30% of CPU usage

the opening video is very slow in general. after that everything will be fine (hopefully)
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
(05-21-2010, 09:03 PM)ShanerMcbrainer Wrote: in my system, it says;

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz 1.60GHz

Well, since your cpu is kinda slow when it comes to pcsx2.
Try clicking config>speed hacks> and then tick INTC Sync Hack, Idle Loop Fast-Forward, Status Flag Hack and Min / Max Hack. Also enable microVU0 and microVU1 and tick "Multi Threaded GS mode" in Config>cpu..
See if that helps, you can also try some other settings in speed hack and see if that helps. (Ticking all speed hacks wont give you better fps)
it is still only running at about 25 FPS, but o well, one day, it will right itself... or not
Its a laptop you're using right?..
The cpu will slow down if its on low battery and try putting the battery option to high performance, it might give you some more fps
yes it is a laptop, unreal at playing games, but apparently not this, I have been installing a game while trying to play the emulator so that might have had an effect. Also, my laptop has a feature in the Power4Gear Hybrid, thing, called turbo mode. Would turning this on help at all, and why do spped hacks not sped the emulator up at all on my laptop
Well "Power4Gear Hybrid" is used to clock the cpu at different clocks depending on if you wanna game or have a long battery life. I'm not sure if it has any side effects, so i just going to the battery control options in control panel and setting the computer to high performance should do, i think.

The reason that pcsx2 is not running that well on your pc, is that it mainly uses your cpu so thats the bottleneck, another thing is that pcsx2 only uses 2 of your 4 cores which makes it even slower.

You could try playing around with the speed hacks until you find something that works well. But as said, the into does usually have a much lower fps than ingame.