Question about testing for the compatibility list
I have a few questions about testing for the compatibility list:

-Should I play the game from start to finish (title to end credits)?
-Is it ok if I use any settings other than defaults?

Sponsored links

(04-10-2013, 02:49 AM)Scootaloo Wrote: I have a few questions about testing for the compatibility list:

That's what I basically do. I play it from start to finish (If possible), and use mostly standard settings. I usually have texture filter and allow 8-bit textures enabled just so it looks a little nicer, and I use x3 nativity.

Another thing I do, is I keep a pad of paper and pen next to me so I can write down any glitches and or bugs.

Good luck in your playing.
(04-10-2013, 02:49 AM)Scootaloo Wrote: I have a few questions about testing for the compatibility list:

No and yes. We ofcourse prefer it if you've played the game extensively, but some short testing is better than none Wink

If you use other settings, be sure to include them in your report, especially if they fix game bugs
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(04-10-2013, 05:01 AM)xenoriddley Wrote: That's what I basically do. I play it from start to finish (If possible), and use mostly standard settings. I usually have texture filter and allow 8-bit textures enabled just so it looks a little nicer, and I use x3 nativity.

Another thing I do, is I keep a pad of paper and pen next to me so I can write down any glitches and or bugs.

Good luck in your playing.

Thanks for the advice Smile.

(04-10-2013, 09:31 AM)Bositman Wrote: No and yes. We ofcourse prefer it if you've played the game extensively, but some short testing is better than none Wink

If you use other settings, be sure to include them in your report, especially if they fix game bugs

Alright. I just have one more question though: is it ok to do a report on a game that has already been tested? for example "Spongebob Squarepants - Battle for Bikini Bottom" was updated 3/7/2011 (see here) using version 0.9.6. So is it ok if I retest it using PCSX2 1.1.0.5604 (svn) and submit my results from that?

I ask because I planned on playing through that game anyway so I figure I could do a report on it too. I've had the game laying around for a while now.
Yep, that's exactly what we want Smile It's only pointless when you want to test with the same version that it has already been tested for, which apparently isn't useful since it's the same info Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(04-10-2013, 12:59 PM)Bositman Wrote: Yep, that's exactly what we want Smile It's only pointless when you want to test with the same version that it has already been tested for, which apparently isn't useful since it's the same info Tongue

Ya. I don't know if one exists, but maybe a list of games that need to be tested. Have the games that have not been tested the longest higher up and have the recently tested one towards the bottom. Though it really depends on who wants to and who actually owns the game.
Don't worry,just test the game & do report Smile