Question about widescreen patches
Hello, I'm new here and to this program so I have a question that I couldn't find the answer for..

I'm using 16:9 aspect ratio so I've checked the "Enable Widescreen Patches" in the System menu and in the GS Window menu so as far as I can tell it works, but the odd thing is when I turn off the "Enable Widescreen Patches" I see no difference? And another thing, shouldn't cheats_ws be a folder in the main directory instead of a archived file? The reason why I'm asking this is because I've downloaded the archive rar PS2 Widescreen file from the forum and the readme says 

""Put the .pnach files in the "cheats_ws" folder in the PCSX2 directory. 
Start PCSX2, go to System, and make sure "Enable Widescreen Patches" is checked.""

but cheats_ws is not a folder in the PCSX2 directory it's an archived file.. I'm really confused by this contradiction, so could someone explain to me in better detail how I should use the widescreen patches?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored links

(02-19-2016, 08:42 PM)supo Wrote: Hello, I'm new here and to this program so I have a question that I couldn't find the answer for..

I'm using 16:9 aspect ratio so I've checked the "Enable Widescreen Patches" in the System menu and in the GS Window menu so as far as I can tell it works, but the odd thing is when I turn off the "Enable Widescreen Patches" I see no difference? And another thing, shouldn't cheats_ws be a folder in the main directory instead of a archived file? The reason why I'm asking this is because I've downloaded the archive rar PS2 Widescreen file from the forum and the readme says 

""Put the .pnach files in the "cheats_ws" folder in the PCSX2 directory. 
Start PCSX2, go to System, and make sure "Enable Widescreen Patches" is checked.""

but cheats_ws is not a folder in the PCSX2 directory it's an archived file.. I'm really confused by this contradiction, so could someone explain to me in better detail how I should use the widescreen patches?

Thanks in advance!

First question: The WS patches are memory patches, and most will only enable/disable with a reboot of the game. So e.g. you can't just untick that once you've already booted in widescreen and have it go back to 4:3

Second question: No, it's supposed to be like that. Loose patches go in the cheats_ws folder, but the cheats_ws.zip is supposed to be an archive and where it is. That's how we bundle the WS patches with our releases. But say you wanted to add a patch you made yourself, you would put it in the cheats_ws folder. Think of it like this: cheats_ws.zip are the "default" patches. Anything you put in cheats_ws folder will override what's in the archive.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Ah ok that's much more clearer to understand. So in other words if I want to add a patch that is not in the default archive then I need to create a cheats_ws folder and put it inside there.

Thanks a lot for explenation.
Well, there should already be a folder called "cheats_ws" in your Documents/PCSX2 directory.