Question frame rate on tv ps2 vs lcd pcsx2 ?
Planing to get a better processor.Mostly will go for cheap 4 core processor Athlon x4 620 2.6 ghz since I need to change my board together.My current board doesn't support am3 processor.

Will ask around

Sponsored links

Better OC it to near 3 Ghz since pcsx2 use only 2 cores.
[Image: Sig3copy.gif]
The athlon II line (which the 620 is) is a really good overclocker, as someone pointed out in another thread. With some good cooling and careful slow stepping up you should easily be able to push it past the 3ghz line and up quite a bit higher and for the most part should work great with pcsx2.
[Image: 2748844.png]
I may not be able to do that.Newbie , dont know anything about overclock would be hard for me.
Need to spend more on aftermark cooler too.
So right now , which quad core should I get without overclocking it ? intel or amd ? suggestion for non overclocker ?
None overclocking at all? Really just go with what you can afford then. Aim for something in the 3+ghz range for a AMD, C2Q, or i5/i7 line. Anything that meets those requirements will likely run PCSX2 fine for the most part... but again, higher numbers are always better.

That said... overclocking isn't nearly as scary as some people would make you think. Even if you don't buy an aftermarket cooler (of which, you can get an arctic cooler for $30 that's great and simple air cooling) the stock cooling should easily allow you to get an extra 10% or so out of your processor without touching voltage or raising temperatures too much. As long as you read and follow the guides out there, you don't risk much... especially if you don't touch voltage (which I would recommend you don't till you're more comfortable with how all the overclocking options work).

If you don't touch voltages it's near impossible to damage your computer. Worst case (and basically EXPECTED case) is you get some lockups/random reboots till you hit the sweetspot. If you're squeamish at all of even that you won't want to try or else you'll never be completely certain of when you've hit as far as you can go (stability testing with benchmarks almost always end in a crash/restart ^_^)
[Image: 2748844.png]