Question frame rate on tv ps2 vs lcd pcsx2 ?
Hi , I am new here , there is some question which I dont quite understand comparing tv ps2 and computer pcsx2 lcd.
As I know ntsc for ps2 on tv running well and fast on 30 frame rates but when comes to computer lcd , it consider very slow on 30 frame rates.

If , I port out the pcsx2 , graphic card to tv via svideo , will games run well on tv if it's not on computer ?

Sponsored links

If you mean using your PC monitor to output the screen of your original PS2, it will show up fine and at the proper speed.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(12-18-2009, 03:32 PM)ps2fm Wrote: Hi , I am new here , there is some question which I dont quite understand comparing tv ps2 and computer pcsx2 lcd.
As I know ntsc for ps2 on tv running well and fast on 30 frame rates but when comes to computer lcd , it consider very slow on 30 frame rates.

If , I port out the pcsx2 , graphic card to tv via svideo , will games run well on tv if it's not on computer ?

Doesn't quite work like that. I don't know the specifics, but understand that PCSX2 needs to run at 60fps for full speed, regardless of what you use as a display device. I know it has something to do with refresh rates and such. Console games are frame dependant(meaning full speed = full frames) unlike PC games where the speed will vary with your FPS. The only emulator that I think allows you to choose a custom frame rate and still get full speed is No$gba, but choosing anything less than 60fps leads to frames actually be being dropped and jerky animation(similiar to frame skip)
------------
CPU: Core I7 Q720
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GT240M
Ram: 4 gigs
(12-18-2009, 03:36 PM)Bositman Wrote: If you mean using your PC monitor to output the screen of your original PS2, it will show up fine and at the proper speed.

Sorry , I mean running PCSX2 at a computer and output it using s-video to the tv
If my pcsx2 only able to run 30 frame rates per second which it's slow on pc lcd , will it fast on tv ? since tv ntsc max is 30 frames .
(12-18-2009, 04:18 PM)ps2fm Wrote:
(12-18-2009, 03:36 PM)Bositman Wrote: If you mean using your PC monitor to output the screen of your original PS2, it will show up fine and at the proper speed.

Sorry , I mean running PCSX2 at a computer and output it using s-video to the tv
If my pcsx2 only able to run 30 frame rates per second which it's slow on pc lcd , will it fast on tv ? since tv ntsc max is 30 frames .

>.>
I just said no....
------------
CPU: Core I7 Q720
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GT240M
Ram: 4 gigs
TV / LCD refresh rates are mostly irrelevant with regard to the PS2 and any other modern-ish console system. What matters is the "logical" framerate, which is the rate that the game's internal logic updates. That makes sure the game's logic runs at the right rate, and that music is in sync and such.

The logical framerate is limited by your core CPU speed.

The result is the same regardless of what you have it hooked up to.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
(12-18-2009, 05:41 PM)InfelPira Wrote:
(12-18-2009, 04:18 PM)ps2fm Wrote:

>.>
I just said no....
weird when I post my comment reply , I didn't notice your post , maybe the forum haven't update yet.Sorry Happy

(12-18-2009, 06:11 PM)Air Wrote: TV / LCD refresh rates are mostly irrelevant with regard to the PS2 and any other modern-ish console system. What matters is the "logical" framerate, which is the rate that the game's internal logic updates. That makes sure the game's logic runs at the right rate, and that music is in sync and such.

The logical framerate is limited by your core CPU speed.

The result is the same regardless of what you have it hooked up to.

Quite technical Huh, wondering if I reduce the resolution 640x480 to 320x240 , will pcsx2 run more frame rates ?
Just wanted to play it at normal 21 inch CRT tv.
Reducing the resolution will only increase the speed IF it's your graphics card that's causing the slowdown. That is, your computer is going fast enough to handle all of the emulation bits, but your graphics card isn't able to render the video scene at 60fps.

Without knowing your exact PC specs, I couldn't say for sure... but I'm going to venture a guess that your PC is simply too slow to emulate PS2 games full speed.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(12-19-2009, 01:15 AM)Koji Wrote: Reducing the resolution will only increase the speed IF it's your graphics card that's causing the slowdown. That is, your computer is going fast enough to handle all of the emulation bits, but your graphics card isn't able to render the video scene at 60fps.

Without knowing your exact PC specs, I couldn't say for sure... but I'm going to venture a guess that your PC is simply too slow to emulate PS2 games full speed.

An amd x 2 dual core 2.1Ghz and HD 387O.What kind of setting should be optimize sped hack and etc to run well if possible on 60 frames ? example ff10 ?
FFX should, for the most part, run pretty well stock with those settings. Only exception being some scenes with a lot of characters or when certain spells/effects are used (like Shiva or fire)

As I suspected though, it's your CPU that's holding you back for the most part. My old machine (ie the last computer I built before this one) was of similar specs only I had a 2.8ghz processor in it and most PS2 games ran slow. That said, your CPU is markedly slower so you can't assume to get really good results in this emu. If you feel comfortable doing so, an overclock of even a few hundred mhz would show a noticable speed up. Aside from that, you should look and see what other CPUs your motherboard supports. Most of the older AM2 CPUs are pretty cheap to pick up anymore if you can find them and thus would be a viable option if you have any money.
[Image: 2748844.png]