Question here
Hi, I have an Armored Core 3 disc, but it's badly scratched. Is there a way to upload it to PC and burn it to a DVD that would make it so I can play it without it freezing at a certain part of the game? Or could I just upload it to the PC and use pcsx2 for it? Thanks,

.hack//fan

Sponsored links

Yes its possible to make an image just pray your drive reads the DVD all the way even if its slow. I've done this with several badly scratched disks I have even way back on the PSone era.

What I do is make an iso using Alcohol 120% or imgburn and if doesnt encounter any errors, you can play it directly on the emu just like if it was new Laugh You can burn it also too a blank dvd. for your own personal backup of course.
My PS2 Resurrected:
AMD Phenom II x4 oc 3.4ghz
GTX 560 1gb
Western Digital 300gb hdd
4gb ddr800 kingston ram
Asrock N68-S Motherboard
So after I put the disc in the drive, how do I make it into files for burning to a DVD? After I get the files from the disc, how do I then put those files on another disc?
Google imgburn or get a copy of Alcohol120%. imgburn is free but Alcohol120% is not. Put a DVD there and run the program and make an iso. Iso's are disk images, basically its the whole copy of the disk made in your hardrive.

Then use that iso to burn a copy of the disk unto another blank disk using the same program. Its all in there.
My PS2 Resurrected:
GTX 560 1gb
4gb ddr800 kingston ram
Asrock N68-S Motherboard
Thanks! It'll probably take a while, so I'll put here later if it works for me or not. Thanks again for the quick response!
Ok I've gotten the info from the disc on my pc but havent tried burning it yet. After work, I'll try that. WHile on the web I noticed that some people said you need a modded ps2 chip or something like that to do what I'm trying to do. Will I need that chip to do what I've originally asked here, or is it just with some games?
If your planning to play your backed up games on your original PS2 you need a mod chip. But if your going to play it on PCSX2 that iso is fine.
My PS2 Resurrected:
GTX 560 1gb
4gb ddr800 kingston ram
Asrock N68-S Motherboard
(04-24-2010, 12:25 PM)jadariin Wrote: If your planning to play your backed up games on your original PS2 you need a mod chip.

or Swap Magic, which is what i use
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

ok, I got the game on a dvd but like I was guessing it didn't work. I don't really like the idea of me trying to mess with the ps2's insides, so I think I'll be getting swap magic. the website says it wont take long, so until it does get here, anything i should know about it? like how to use it or something? or does it come with a guide?
also, i read up and noticed something about NTSC and PAL file types, do I need a specific version of magic swap or does it come with both?