Question regarding "Piracy"
(02-11-2009, 09:11 PM)Saiki Wrote: PS3 doesn't have the emotion engine in it anymore, but last I heard they're making a PS2 emulator for the PS3, the ps2 bios in no longer included in the ps3, THAT is why your ps2 games don't work on the ps3

not anymore sony dropped the ps3-ps2games support for that in summer 2008
they didn't say if it will ever be done
Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm

Sponsored links

(02-12-2009, 12:36 AM)kabooz Wrote:
(02-11-2009, 09:11 PM)Saiki Wrote: PS3 doesn't have the emotion engine in it anymore, but last I heard they're making a PS2 emulator for the PS3, the ps2 bios in no longer included in the ps3, THAT is why your ps2 games don't work on the ps3

not anymore sony dropped the ps3-ps2games support for that in summer 2008
they didn't say if it will ever be done

If Sony would stop screwing around with PS2 support and just do it properly (hardware, not software) and KEEP it that way, I might actually buy a PS3.

I'm not getting my hopes up though.
Windows 7 x64 Build 7000, E7300 @ 3.6GHz, 4GB DDR2-1066 RAM @ 1080MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4830 @ 770MHz/1050MHz
[Image: sig2552.png]
the emotion engine chip isn't supported anymore to lower the price of the ps3
and software does not function correctly and apperantly it's hard to program so they say it's not worth the effort...

and yeah I feel like you
but I'll probably get one when FF XIII comes out in europe

and I too think that most probably don't use their own bios(but i'd like to think that they all have a ps2 it would still be illegal though....)
Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm
Judging by the kind of post you have in the forum most people neither own a PS2 nor any of the games they are playing. It's very annoying because it sheds a bad light on the emulation scene. But I guess it can't be avoided. The worst thing is that these people blatantly admit it and remind me over and over again of their illegal activities.

I mean post like:
"i have a file that i downloaded. it does run because i could run it on pcsx 0.9.4 just really crappy"
"Hi, i'm new to this ps2 emulater thing, i'm not really sure where to download the games at, can somebody help me a little"
"I'm sure that the .iso file is good because other people used same file for playing on a PS2..."
"I downloaded the PCSX2 0.9.4 Installer and a game, which is a .nrg file."
"I don't have a PS2. Why do you think i'm using this emulator?"

And also some more ambiguous ones:
"I tryed to change all plugins and bios too"
Reading the OFFICAL GUIDE can answer 90% of your newbie questions
SEARCHING the forums can answer 90% of your advanced questions.
@VeaaC
Quote:It's very annoying because it sheds a bad light on the emulation scene.
Piracy is everywhere, it's not as if it was a problem specific to emulation.
But off course the "emulation scene" want to protect itself from "legal problems", and refuse to be assimilated to piracy.
Ok people, you have discussed and such. Sorry truly, but I think you will all understand....

First we do not condone, endorse, or justify in any way piracy.
Second, piracy is using anything you do not have a right to. It doesn't matter what your ps3 supports or if you had a game before or anything else. We are against any and all unlawful acts and we do not plan to offer support to anyone that does commit such an act.

And third, forgive me if I am blunt, to us the definition of piracy is crystal clear, and as such we do not even allow discussing the topic. There is no "gray-area", no possible justification, nothing. As such, we are not interested in discussions such as this topic.

Piracy is piracy, deal with it, we're against it.

Closed.