Question regarding development.
Soo...I've got a question for the coders of the project.

This is >not< one of these "OGM WEN WILL B TEH NEXT RLEASZE"-questions.
When in the development do you decide that a release is worthy of being called an ...uhm...let's call it stable release...like 0.9.6 without any beta / svn / revision stuff?

What criteria is there?

Sponsored links

Well, all currently WIP stuff must be done of course (we have a ton of that currently).
Then testing increases. We'll try to resolve known issues, etc.
After that is the right time, I guess Smile
when things get less hectic, and we have significant progress from our last release, we do extensive testing, then do a new release.
we did discuss doing releases more frequently, but since we have all these WIP rewrites going on, it'd be best to wait till most are finished.

Our next release will also have the new wx gui and new logo/icon from the logo contest Smile
Check out my blog: Trashcan of Code
Thanks for your answers ^^.

Looking forward to the next releases Wink
can someone explain how to do cooding an emulator and other stuff about emulator......thanks in advance!
can someone learn me how to code an emulator and stuff like that........thanks in advance!
(08-02-2009, 05:19 PM)stefano Wrote: can someone explain how to do cooding an emulator and other stuff about emulator......thanks in advance!
can someone learn me how to code an emulator and stuff like that........thanks in advance!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+make+an+emulator
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

ROFLMAO!!! great one ref^^
Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm
(07-31-2009, 03:35 AM)NeX0s Wrote: When in the development do you decide that a release is worthy of being called an ...uhm...let's call it stable release...like 0.9.6 without any beta / svn / revision stuff?

What criteria is there?

Actually our criteria differs from probably most any other open source project you might be familiar with. We do public releases when things have changed significantly enough that bug reports and support questions for the current public release are getting annoyingly out-dated.

The new releases are obviously better than previous ones in all sorts of ways, but because it's an emulator and because so many things break and unbreak during the course of development, we haven't really been brave enough to "officially" call the releases "stable." More or less they're just landmark offerings that give us a definitive milestone for handling reports from users. That is, each release has a set of distinct behaviors that we can expect.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
(08-03-2009, 01:01 PM)Air Wrote: We do public releases when things have changed significantly enough that bug reports and support questions for the current public release are getting annoyingly out-dated.

That's a great way to put it Smile
Are you planing on adding 64 bit and/or quad core support?
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64