Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question shaking pcsx2 vs dolphin ?
Question 
Hi, iam again
Firstly this post based my experience on dolphin.
Ok, i really like to test various emulator games,
I have gamecube fifa street 2 (U) then i tried to convert to PAL , the game was fine and become PAL, but then i test on dolphin with "xfb" enabled the screen become shaking like pcsx2 shaking games.
My question is :
is pcsx2 use xfb too?
I've read wikipedia about framebuffer and framebuffer is automatically reconfigure hardware to output different refresh rate timing.on my opinion so if pcsx2 use xfb, screen shaking was caused by framebuffer ( i know it sound too naif but i just curious) am i wrong? Pls correct me Smile. Thank you

Sponsored links

(03-29-2013, 09:38 PM)billyash Wrote: Hi, iam again
Firstly this post based my experience on dolphin.
Ok, i really like to test various emulator games,
I have gamecube fifa street 2 (U) then i tried to convert to PAL , the game was fine and become PAL, but then i test on dolphin with "xfb" enabled the screen become shaking like pcsx2 shaking games.
My question is :
is pcsx2 use xfb too?
I've read wikipedia about framebuffer and framebuffer is automatically reconfigure hardware to output different refresh rate timing.on my opinion so if pcsx2 use xfb, screen shaking was caused by framebuffer ( i know it sound too naif but i just curious) am i wrong? Pls correct me Smile. Thank you

It's due to interlace, you may need to find one deinterlace technique which eliminate the shaking (supposing Dolphin allow more than one).

Edit: Still I'm not sure why and how the issue happens only when you used XFB, maybe in the switching but I can't really be sure.
PS: I have no idea how Dolphin works or anything else about it to be honest.
Imagination is where we are truly real
How about xfb? Is pcsx2 using xfb?
On my opinion increasing framebuffer may could eliminate shaking and flickering. But is it possible for pcsx2?( i just guessin)
no pcsx2 isn't using xfb, the shaking can only be eliminated by using a deinterlace mode like blend. Increasing the frame buffer will do nothing of the sort.

interlacing is interlacing, the only thing you can do is blend the two frames together.
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif]
Like our Facebook Page and visit our Facebook Group!
(03-31-2013, 12:12 AM)refraction Wrote: no pcsx2 isn't using xfb, the shaking can only be eliminated by using a deinterlace mode like blend. Increasing the frame buffer will do nothing of the sort.

interlacing is interlacing, the only thing you can do is blend the two frames together.

ok, i understand
My last question, why pcsx (ps1 emu) doesn't occur screen shaking at all? Thank you Smile
PSX didn't support progressive output, so (most?) PSX games were interlaced, so there's no need to have an option for it. The emu is deinterlacing them, I'd imagine?. (although, edgbla's gpuBladeSoft has implemented progressive)
It weird, i use constant skipping 1 frame to draw, 0 frame to skip on dynasty 5 empire, dynasty 6,warrior orochi 2 the frame become not shaking and also other games fast and smooth(even speed hack disabled), but some games become black screen (screen stop but sound still continue)?
may be screen shaking can be tricked with 1 frame to draw?
(03-31-2013, 04:27 AM)billyash Wrote: It weird, i use constant skipping 1 frame to draw, 0 frame to skip on dynasty 5 empire, dynasty 6 the frame become not shaking, but my some games become black screen and also caused character selection on dragonball budokai 3 become fast on native?

I hope you understanding that the usage of such desperate measures, which include frame skipping invalidates the supposition that the issues are a problem with PCSX2. Those options are there for... the desperate and willing to accept their price.

But... what made me answer that post was: what is this... why to ever activate frameskip to draw one line and skip 0???

Even without trying to understand if that could bring any advantage the intuition tells me you are just introducing one more error prone term in the equation.

PS: that shaking is due to interlace, and progressive monitors need to have the image deinterlaced to prevent issues, does not matter if the deinterlace is done in an external buffer or otherwise. Besides, it is done by the graphics plugin, not at the emulator's core.
Imagination is where we are truly real
I agree. Even if you were using frame skipping correctly (which you're not) I wouldn't suggest using it anyway. If you're desperate for lower frame rate stability, try switching the frame limiter to half it's current (PAL 25, NTSC 30 [29.97]) or whatever you think you can maintain, and enable Async Mix in SPU2X to sort the audio.

Bearing in mind, I'm only recommending this as an alterative to your current method, if you cannot maintain the game's native fps anyway. I don't generally recommend changing the base frame rate at all.
Im sorry,I don't change framerate at all.
I do not skip frame ( i give value= 0) i only add frame draw=1 . So when frame drawed and not being skipped there should be ok with frame since nothing to be skipped :s