Question when ee is at 100%
Hi, when ee is at 90-100%, does that mean that pcsx2 is emulating the emotion engine successfully at full speed or is it an indication that my cpu is bottlenecking it?

Confused on this.

Sponsored links

It usually means the EE is getting the most it can from your processor.
Mostly, it would indicate that EE has been using 100% it can get from CPU. BUt It indicates that CPU has reached its limits. Tongue2 Therefore, CPU is probably bottlenecking it. Tongue2

Generally My EE Remains at 20 - 40 % for most of the games except ultra-demanding games by which EE may get upto 90%.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
(04-02-2012, 05:59 PM)recoder Wrote: Mostly, it would indicate that EE has been using 100% it can get from CPU. BUt It indicates that CPU has reached its limits. Tongue2 Therefore, CPU is probably bottlenecking it. Tongue2

Generally My EE Remains at 20 - 40 % for most of the games except ultra-demanding games by which EE may get upto 90%.

Usually its like that on my rig too, I have a SB 2400 and it eaten through everything. How does time crisis 2 and 3 fare on your rig ( if you have them that is) ?

I posted about this a week ago and got no answers as to why this is happening, but I am getting slowdown on them especially in open areas.

It's driving me crazy.
Sounds like using a Software renderer for the GS will help you. Smile

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-The-Time-...CSX2-r5051