Questionable FPS
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5GHz
GeForce 8600
3.00 GB RAM
Vista SP1 32-bit OS

From what I have seen on youtube with demonstrations and from what I have read, my computer should easily be able to emulate games, even if the processor speed is slightly lacking.
I have been trying to run Final Fantasy X which I have read is a very suitable game for PCSX2 and that it is very easy to run at high speeds.
I have been trying to figure out what to do with plugins and I have read and also experimented to see what would be the best configuration but I can't seem to find one. When there is little going on, like in the intro screen or while I'm walking, I can run the game at over 180fps, but when a transition occurs it slows down to about 30fps and in random situations it will slow down as well and I can't seem to understand why. I have been using Gsdx because whenever I try Zero I end up getting errors with the geometry of the game, even when i use the plugin's FFX correction, so maybe I am not using the right configuration for those plugins, because I have read that Zero might make it run faster. Oh yeah, and I have also read that Linuzappz would make it run faster but I can't turn off Data Execution Prevention so I was wondering if there was something that needed to be done to bypass that.
I'll attach the configuration menu, any help would be tremendous and I thank it in advance.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Make an ISO of your disc and run it with linuzappz iso plugin. You get those slowdowns whenever the emulator tries to read new sectors off the disc and slows down because it is waiting for your dvd rom drive to start spinning again,then read the data.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Actually I'm not running it from the disc.
I have it saved as a rar, would that be fine or do i need to convert it?
pcsx2 can't load games saved as .rar Tongue you have to rip the disk to .iso format. Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
That's odd because I just mount the .rar with Daemon and it has worked fine
well it's better to rip the disk to iso format and use it with Linuz Iso. Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
(03-30-2009, 11:00 PM)DeepGreyIllusions Wrote: That's odd because I just mount the .rar with Daemon and it has worked fine
Are you sure it's .rar or you're just assuming it's rar because just because of his icon(Winrar associates ISO's too)
No it says that it is a Winrar archive.
I converted it into an ISO with UltraISO and tried running it with Linuz and it did not work, it crashed but it does work when I use Gigaherz.
daemon tools mounts .rar? Oo
Wow, my bad, in the folder it says WinRar Archive but I checked properties and it says that the type of file is WinRar Archive (.iso)

EDIT:
The problem now is that it still crashes when I try to Linuzappz.
I even disabled DEP through the Command Prompt and it still crashes.