Questions & Performance issues on good build
(04-29-2015, 06:52 PM)ssakash Wrote: Sotc is quite demanding. you would have to consider overclocking your processor for better fps.

I can oc it to 4.6 Ghz but when i check CPU usage it stays around 40% if that is inacurate pardon me..With all speed hacks disabled it should show real CPU usage i'm just guessing

Sponsored links

Did you enable mtvu hack ? If it still slows down then, try software mode with extra rendering threads set to 3.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Well for one i think i can forget about SOTC or is there anybody running full speed ? I have enabled MTVU speed hack as sugested and even tried software mode which is killer it does in fact use all my core at 70% Smile But no matter what i do it still slow down to 45-50 fps.

Sorry i think the thread could be renamed to SOTC issues Smile
(04-29-2015, 08:02 PM)wman Wrote: Well for one i think i can forget about SOTC or is there anybody running full speed ? I have enabled MTVU speed hack as sugested and even tried software mode which is killer it does in fact use all my core at 70% Smile But no matter what i do it still slow down to 45-50 fps.

Sorry i think the thread could be renamed to SOTC issues Smile

First of all turn MTVU off for Shadow of The Colossus. It makes the game run slower.

Did you try turning VU cycle stealing?
Setting it to 1 would help a lot.
The game runs smoother than on the PS2 with it disabled, but it becomes even more demanding than normal.
If your pc can't handle it, you'll have to make do with 15-30 fps like on a real ps2.

My pc gets pretty close to full speed most of the time without VU cycle stealing. Full speed 100% of the time(or very close) if I set it to 1.
Your cpu is better, you should have no problem with this game.
(04-29-2015, 08:03 PM)dogen Wrote: First of all turn MTVU off for Shadow of The Colossus. It makes the game run slower.

Did you try turning VU cycle stealing?
Setting it to 1 would help a lot.
The game runs smoother than on the PS2 with it disabled, but it becomes even more demanding than normal.
If your pc can't handle it, you'll have to make do with 15-30 fps like on a real ps2.

My pc gets pretty close to full speed most of the time without VU cycle stealing. Full speed 100% of the time(or very close) if I set it to 1.
Your cpu is better, you should have no problem with this game.

Allright i guess if reported corectly it does run 60 fps w/o droping frames in places when i was loosing 10-20fps That's with VU stealing set to 1..MTVU speedhack off..Just was riding horse in the open field and smooth framerate haven't met colossus yet Smile But i think i should be able run the game full speed w/o setting vu cycle to 1 ??
Even the ps2 had slowdowns with this game. You can overcome that by VU cycle stealing...

What is the problem of VU cycle stealing?
(04-29-2015, 10:26 PM)willkuer Wrote: Even the ps2 had slowdowns with this game. You can overcome that by VU cycle stealing...

What is the problem of VU cycle stealing?

From all reading i have come to undersand SOTC as demanding game no problem with VU stealing but i was thinking that my CPU can handle it w/o that is all
As already said this game runs slow on the actual hardware. If you would emulate the hardware precisely you would get the same slowdown. But VU cycle stealing allows you (for that specific game!) to overcome this barrier - and other possible slowdowns.
(04-29-2015, 11:01 PM)willkuer Wrote: As already said this game runs slow on the actual hardware. If you would emulate the hardware precisely you would get the same slowdown. But VU cycle stealing allows you (for that specific game!) to overcome this barrier - and other possible slowdowns.

Allright i get it thanks for clearing that for me Smile
(04-29-2015, 11:01 PM)willkuer Wrote: As already said this game runs slow on the actual hardware. If you would emulate the hardware precisely you would get the same slowdown. But VU cycle stealing allows you (for that specific game!) to overcome this barrier - and other possible slowdowns.

In this case, VU cycle stealing lets you run the game more like it is on the ps2. It runs smoother than on real hardware with it disabled, and as a result becomes even more demanding.