Questions about Jak X
There are a couple of questions i have to ask,

Why is jak x not booting at all?

Is there any particular reason why it is not working?

Has enybody ever successfully booted this game?

Has anybode played or tested the demo of this game and got it working?

Is there a way to fix this?

Are the Devs aware of this issue?

Have they tried to fix this issue before?

Last but not least, Who thinks this is the best racing game of PS2?Biggrin

Sponsored links

Gran turismo for the last question, for the others i dunno.... have u try to search that game in the forums?

Edit: Frack i read that last question in the wrong way xD.
PS Still Gran Turismo ftw ¬_¬.... xD
Personally idk why Jak X doesn't work, and pretty sure the devs know about it.

And to me its one of the worst racing games because of the difficulty, as I had to use a cheat disc to finish the last 2 cups so I could finish the story.
This is really the only game with a plot I cared about that I HAD to use a cheat disc to finish the game. That's bad. That says something about the game difficulty. Wacko </endrant>
Id doesnt work due to an injected kernel the game uses(or some such tech thing), bottom line though is its a known issue and one thats not likely to be fixed soon. There`s not many games that do what this game does, so there`s less incentive to work on the title
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
(07-14-2012, 05:14 AM)omnikam Wrote: Id doesnt work due to an injected kernel the game uses(or some such tech thing), bottom line though is its a known issue and one thats not likely to be fixed soon. There`s not many games that do what this game does, so there`s less incentive to work on the title

i know about the kernel but i heard it didnt boot on a softmoded ps2 so maybe that is what it is for and they should try to fix this issue because then people wont complain and SOME games use this feature so it might improve compatibility.

Also jak x has save data issue but because of digital memory card i could copy and backup my memory card or use savestates to finish the game so i hope devs take the time out of their day to fix this issue
I understand you frustration, i for one would love too play dead or alive in HD, but alas it will never happen on Pcsx2 Sad
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
I remember when i was messing around with cheat engine on pcsx2 i managed to get this game to boot once, but it died when i tried to enter a race.

I have no idea what i did to make it boot, i was just patching some addresses in pcsx2's memory.

Also this game uses kernel hooks in a very similar way windows does as a protection mechanism.
really could you try it again or tell me the hex values and settings for cheat engine so i could look at something that isnt a black screen
PLZRolleyes
(07-14-2012, 01:48 AM)extradessert Wrote: Personally idk why Jak X doesn't work, and pretty sure the devs know about it.

And to me its one of the worst racing games because of the difficulty, as I had to use a cheat disc to finish the last 2 cups so I could finish the story.
This is really the only game with a plot I cared about that I HAD to use a cheat disc to finish the game. That's bad. That says something about the game difficulty. Wacko </endrant>

It's one of the few racing games I finished, it was hard, but beatable legit.

As mentioned the game does something with the PS2's kernel and nobody has figured how to emulate it.

There was a patch for the demo, but it doesn't seem to work for the full game.

I too am waiting for this game to be playable on PCSX2.
(07-14-2012, 10:48 PM)EmucraZ Wrote: really could you try it again or tell me the hex values and settings for cheat engine so i could look at something that isnt a black screen
PLZRolleyes

If i could i would have already done it, i only got the game to boot ONCE, then it refused to boot no matter what i tried and to this day i am wondering what the heck happened that made it boot.

I was trying to replicate what i did back then to make a patch but so far i have been unsuccessful.

Sorry i couldn't be of any help.