Questions on updating my pcsx2 to the most recent version
This may seem a silly question, but I had a problem with this on another emulator. I have an old version of pcsx2, and was about to update it before starting a new game. But I'm wondering if after I update will I still be able to access the games save states and such I had on the older version. As mentioned I had this happen before and it was a pain to get things working again, and I'd rather avoid that if possible.

Also... if I do update this, would it be better to just download it right away, or to uninstall the older version first?

I probably sound like an idiot asking such questions, but I like to be SURE I know what I'm doing as I make mistakes QUITE easily lol. I once over wrote a program called 'windows' which didn't work so well, so.... yea. Pardon the idiot on your forums, but if anyone could confirm this stuff for me i'd appreciate it.

Sponsored links

savestates: nope
Memory Cards: yes

but you can just downloade the "Portable" / noninstalling version of the newest pcsx2 and keep ur old + the new version
So I'd lose the save states.... hm. That could be bad. I'll try this 'portable' version, see if I can get that to work. Seems like it would make things complicated having two versions at once, but when has the internet ever lied to anyone? Am I right? Wink
Its not complicate, you just extract the noninstalling version with winrar or 7zip or whatever into a folder, and there is the whole emulator and you can just start it.
exactly mainly since savestates are version dependant.
If possible replace savestates by in-game saves on your old version...

I think savestates can be compatible if there was no dramatic change. (I think the savestate version number does not increase every time a new revision is released)

But if you are using 0.9.8 till now you will get problems...
Yeah, sometimes savestates stay compatible. I recently loaded a 1.2.1 save in 1.3.0. But it's best to use card saves.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD