Questions (stalling and memory card)
I'm new to Playstation 2 emulators, but by looking around the internet, I found answers to most of my problems except for two.

First off, I'm having problem with the speed in Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. I start off the game at a good speed, but when I get into actual gameplay, everything slows to a crawl and on the black textbox in the background, the words "VU0 perma-stall" keep coming up in yellow over and over again. I have Windows Vista with Nvidia 8800M GTS graphics, 512 MB video memory, Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, and 4 gigabytes of memory. I am using version 0.9.6, and the game works fine in the first few cutscenes, but it eventually slows down until the voices become warped and the cutscenes take about twice as long to complete (and since it's a Metal Gear Solid game, that could mean I would be there for hours!). I could skip the cutscenes, but the game remains slow even after that, and I don't want to miss out on the story.

Also, I'm having problems with the memory cards. The text on the folders are blue, and I am sure that the memory cards are included, but when I play the game in my main file, it says that there are no memory cards. When I play the game in my Administrator account, it has no problems like that. How do I make it so both accounts support the memory cards?

Sponsored links

About memcards: Right click pcsx2.exe ->Run as Administrator (same effect like running it on your admin account)
About fps,metal gear solid 3 needs a very high clocked core 2 duo to work at good speeds,consider my core 2 duo @ 3,7 Ghz gets about 40 fps dropping to 30 at times. You didn't mention your cpu speed (the most important factor) so i can't tell you if your speed (which you also didn't mention) is normal or not
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I think it's somewhere in the region of 2.8GHz (this is my laptop: http://computershopper.com/laptops/revie...ion-laptop ), but I'm not too sure, as I just got this laptop recently, and I'm not into the technical aspects of computers as much. However, it has been able to play other games that were made later without any slowdown issues.