Quick Question
(01-30-2013, 12:39 PM)Saiki Wrote: GeForce 430 what?

I have a GT 430 and it can't do that..

unles he thinks 30fps is ''playing fine'' xP

Sponsored links

Oversampling will increase texture quality where MSAA only affects polygons and FXAA causes blurring. Display res with SGSSAA gives the best IQ but you can't use it with DX11 on AMD 5/6 series cards (yay for artificial limits).
I could run the game on my old laptop full speed with a HD 4670 at 1080p so I call ***** that his PC couldn't run it. Best just try it for yourself. Personally I avoid custom resolutions bigger than my native resolution anyway as there is only a minimal increase in quality compared to enabling MSAA or FXAA.

Pcsx2 very rarely requires a good GPU imho, only VRAM at best.

Try speedhacks to increase FPS, there's generally no harm in enabling them as long as you don't go overboard. At least tick the recommended hacks and maybe set cycle rate to 1.5 and (maybe) VU cycle stealing to mild and try again.

I think Fire and Demi are the most demanding spells in the game either way so you can't entirely get rid of the slight drops when using them anyway.
Thank you all for your support. If my video card really isn't that great, I can always purchase a new one. It's really not that much for a mid-ranged card (150-200$). I just never had any problems with my current card.

So, what would you all recommend for settings? Either way, my rig is still better than most of the systems I see on here, lol. Even if I have to use default settings I don't mind. Native resolution is just very noticeable on my tv so I would like to smooth out the edges so they don't seem blocky.

I also have another problem in FFX. The controller has a delay. For example, when doing the overkill commands (or what ever it's called). Not the part where you have to press up, down, left, right, L1, L2, etc. but where you have to press X when it passes over the [ ] (idk what that's called).

If Demi and Fire are the most demanding, then there was actually no problem with using x6 resolution because it only ever lagged to hell during those spells.
Also, what sort of rendering should I choose. I chose dx11 (hardware).
(01-30-2013, 07:34 PM)Smoshi Wrote: Thank you all for your support. If my video card really isn't that great, I can always purchase a new one. It's really not that much for a mid-ranged card (150-200$). I just never had any problems with my current card.

So, what would you all recommend for settings? Either way, my rig is still better than most of the systems I see on here, lol. Even if I have to use default settings I don't mind. Native resolution is just very noticeable on my tv so I would like to smooth out the edges so they don't seem blocky.

I also have another problem in FFX. The controller has a delay. For example, when doing the overkill commands (or what ever it's called). Not the part where you have to press up, down, left, right, L1, L2, etc. but where you have to press X when it passes over the [ ] (idk what that's called).

If Demi and Fire are the most demanding, then there was actually no problem with using x6 resolution because it only ever lagged to hell during those spells.
Also, what sort of rendering should I choose. I chose dx11 (hardware).

use teh settings i provided on the previous page, and about the delay, that is probably slowdown in the emu (40fps instead of 50 you know the drill Tongue)
or you have a usb cable of 5 meters or longer, that will also give a delay in input. (same with usb extensions)
(01-30-2013, 07:44 PM)WarWeeny Wrote: use teh settings i provided on the previous page, and about the delay, that is probably slowdown in the emu (40fps instead of 50 you know the drill Tongue)
or you have a usb cable of 5 meters or longer, that will also give a delay in input. (same with usb extensions)

I will try the settings you mentioned. Also, I am using a bluetooth adapter to sync the controller. Using MotionJoy as well. There is no delay when moving, fighting, etc.

Just when I use the overkill command. That could have just been a 1 time thing so I'll just have to try it again.
(01-30-2013, 01:46 PM)WarWeeny Wrote: unles he thinks 30fps is ''playing fine'' xP

Uh, no, I get 60fps. Don't be so quick to judge. A lot of it comes down to how well you maintain your PC.
(01-30-2013, 08:16 PM)devina40 Wrote: Uh, no, I get 60fps. Don't be so quick to judge. A lot of it comes down to how well you maintain your PC.

i haz a clean pc so it is supah fast!

thats not how hardware works lol
Don't put words in my mouth and make a strawman. :/

My point was, if he claims he can get a steady 60fps at 1080p, let him, but there's really no need to go above 1080p if his HDTV's max res is that.

And actually, maintaining, configuring, cleaning and organizing your PC can pump out a few more fps.
This is true Wink
I used to be a gamer that tried gaming on ***** laptops in the past. I know how to get the most out of my hardware. Tongue

I also get steady 60fps/1080p. It's just.. them damn cutscenes.
But everything else within the game runs perfectly fine. In fact, Demi and Fire doesn't drop my fps anymore ever since I used the 4GB patch.
Also, the problem I had before with the delayed controller is fixed. It fixed itself.