Quick Question
(01-31-2013, 07:01 PM)refraction Wrote: 1: On a mechanical hard drive, defragging your computer can reduce wear on the head as it has to move less (in theory), also if it is heavily fragmented, it can cause the system run load things slower due to the head seek latancy.

2: They are the 2 reasons to defrag. If you are running windows vista or higher, unless you have disabled it, windows automatically defrags while your computer is idle.

1: then disable hdd activity while idle in the hdd properties, the hdd wont spin as much but i believe there was a drawback if you did that... not sure what it was Tongue

2 most people have vista or windows 7 on thier pc's if they have xp, they are foolish and cheap to get a newer os xD windows 7 is in so much ways superior to all the other windows versions you just dont have a reason not to upgrade, unless you have a pc that is a dinosaur (1ghz processor, 512mb ram etc etc), but then you wouldnt be here on this forum to begin with Tongue

Sponsored links

(01-31-2013, 06:57 PM)WarWeeny Wrote: 1: the truth is hard, i know.
2: because....? i never defragged my hdd and my pc is just as fast as it was when i got it.
3: then dont install unnecessary stuff on your pc
4: only when it is first released the gpu perfomance MAY increase with newer drivers and even then it wont increase the speed of pcsx2, because gpu drivers dont do that (not really in the scedule of nvidia or amd to optimize for pcsx2 now is it?)

your argument invalid

now back on topic...as far there is a topic to be had >.>

In regards to 3, no, Game Booster shuts down up to 14 unnecessary Windows 7 services that run in the background and don't do anything.

And I'm referring to your attitude. I'm not the only one on this forum who's pointed out it can be rude and condescending.
Sometimes, it's not what you say, but how you say it.
(01-31-2013, 07:06 PM)devina40 Wrote: 1: In regards to 3, no, Game Booster shuts down up to 14 unnecessary Windows 7 services that run in the background and don't do anything.

2: And I'm referring to your attitude. I'm not the only one on this forum who's pointed out it can be rude and condescending.
Sometimes, it's not what you say, but how you say it.

1: well if your pc is that slow, why even bother pcsx2 then?
i highly doubt those unnecessary tasks are that demanding to slow pcsx2 down. if they are, you ought to search for an upgrade or 2 Tongue

2: i know i can be blunt, but sometimes i just feel like it, see it as a bad habbit xP
@warweeny : i actually agree with devina about tour tone.
Please keep a friendly attitude, and everything will be alright.

@devina : i agree with warweeny about gamebooster.
Those disabled services will only reduce RAM consumption.
And we all know here that pcsx2 doenst use much ram.
Gamebooster may be a good idea for noobish people ho didnt disable those services manually when they installed their OS, and id they plan to run pc games.
But it's quite useless when it comes to pcsx2 usage.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Yes, it's lower-end, but I don't need it to make PCSX2 work, but it helps. I never said I required Game Booster.

And, secondly, it's how others see you. Saying, "Yeah, I can be blunt, so what?" won't earn you brownie points in life. Grow up and be more mature.
(01-31-2013, 07:25 PM)devina40 Wrote: And, secondly, it's how others see you. Saying, "Yeah, I can be blunt, so what?" won't earn you brownie points in life. Grow up and be more mature.

lol i closed my point and you are going to start a new one?
and you call me immature >.>

failed troll attempt if you ask me.
Ugh, I never called you immature, but you're acting like it. If anything, you're calling me a troll. You're not one who says "sorry", I see.
both of you stop it right now or use PM.

thanks
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
My thread is gaining a lot of attention Laugh
... but not in a positive way Tongue

Thank you for the two or three posts that were helpful. So far, I am enjoying the emulator.
Wink