Quick Question
PC Specs:

(desktop computer)
CPU: i3 3220 @ 3.3GHz (HT enabled, Core Parking disabled) (http://ark.intel.com/products/65693/Inte...-3_30-GHz)
GPU: AMD HD 6670 - OC'd (http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/g...rview.aspx)
Ram: 8GB
PCSX2 Version: 1.0.0 (latest)

Been searching around for hours, trying to find people with similar specs and problems. But no luck.

Basically, I'm having a blast playing my favorite games. Hooked up HDMI to my 55" plasma. Looks beautiful. Only problem I'm having is in FFX. I think it has to do with the resolution.

6x-4x gives me huge fps drops during scenes with fire and basically big action scenes with explosions and stuff in the background. 3x creates some weird 3D look where Tidus has 4 arms, 4 legs, etc.

My question is, do any of you have similar specs that can share their settings with me. Basically, just looking for settings that will give me stable 60fps, without too much loss of quality.

I know you get these same questions all the time. It's just, the FFX wiki page didn't help at all. I want to avoid speed hacks if possible.

Thank you so much. The program is great, and I will continue to support.

Sponsored links

What is your gpu ?
Try setting skipdraw hack to 1 to avoid those weird 3d effects.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
that gpu is to weak to emulate anything decent at 3x native, 2x native is what you are going to get if you want to play 60fps constant, speedhacks are there to be used but they wont help you make the game look prettier,

just to clarify:

2x native resolution
speedhacks: EE cycle to 2 and VU cycle to 1 and you are good to go

if you dont like the settings then dont play it.
I know my GPU is weak. I never said it wasn't. I was playing at 6x for about an hour while streaming, but spells such as Demi just dropped my fps to hell. I've read cases of a similar problem, but with different specs.

Also, I think skipdraw actually made it worse. I will fiddle around with the settings and see what I can come up with.

Once again, if anyone has a similar rig let me know. Would be great to test your settings, and mess around from there.

I have one more question. Would settings that work for FFX work for other games, such as kingdom hearts? Would Kingdom Hearts be a less demanding game?
Kingdom hearts is about as demanding as FFX.
Actually, those are the less demanding 3D games under pcsx2.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I think kingdom hearts is slightly less demanding than FFX, but FFX isn't that demanding in the grand scheme of things ;p
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

So uh, if your HDTV has a max resolution of 1080p, why are you using 6x scaling? That's overkill. I'd just use 2x or 3x, or set the custom res to 1080p, apply some FXAA and call it a day.
(01-30-2013, 10:04 AM)devina40 Wrote: I'd just use 2x or 3x, or set the custom res to 1080p, apply some FXAA and call it a day.

that is to much for that card to handle...
Not necessarily, you'd be surprised. My GeForce 430 can play lots of games at 1080p and 720p fine, like FFX, KH1, Persona 3.
GeForce 430 what?

I have a GT 430 and it can't do that..