Quick question about blurry cutscenes:
When I play games on PCSX2, the cut-scenes are fairly blurry but the rest of the game runs fine... I have my internal reso at 2816*2112 and I use 4x MSAA. Turning off MSAA doesn't fix the problem though...

Would I need to change the settings around to fix my problems?

Thanks for helping...

BTW, my specs (in case they matter) are:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 OC'ed to 3.8Ghz
AMD Radeon HD 6970
4GB of DDR2 Ram

And I doubt the rest matter... Laugh

Sponsored links

try viewing the cutscenes in software mode by pressing F9 then go back to hardware mode again by pressing F9
which game ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
@Solidus I tried F9, it didn't really help...

@jesalvein

The prerendered cutscenes in Kingdom Hearts 1, RE: CoM and 2
did u set graphics plugin to directx 10 or 11 hardware?
prerendered? videos? so you perhaps forget that those are quite small in resolution around 640x480 i guess. that just won't scale up to your screen without blurring. Wink
(10-19-2012, 09:37 AM)xstyla Wrote: prerendered? videos? so you perhaps forget that those are quite small in resolution around 640x480 i guess. that just won't scale up to your screen without blurring. Wink
That^ but it's even worse, KH1-2 prerendered videos are 512x352 and the RCOM are pretty like the worst I've seen ever (worse than NDS), 320x352 at a super low bitrate (yes that's not a typo on the resolution). So you can't expect miracles.
Something that could help a bit could be implementing some (a bit) more advanced interpolation methods than cubic/bicubic/billinear generaly when scalling or when in software renderer mode.

This is an example of the worst result I would get from a different interpolation method I love and I use alot. On pretty like everything else than that it's amazing.
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/6765/badalgo.jpg
try reducing a bit the upscaling, it is not actual resolution increase (it would demand remaking the textures) it works blending adjacent points properties, so it becomes blurrier the more you blend the points.

Still, that is just a hunch, if the blurring is that much as reported the causes may be something else (that I can't imagine atm).

Seriously, upscaling is wonderful, it is like honey... the correct amount does wonders but even honey becomes dull when abused.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(10-19-2012, 11:51 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: That^ but it's even worse, KH1-2 prerendered videos are 512x352 and the RCOM are pretty like the worst I've seen ever (worse than NDS), 320x352 at a super low bitrate (yes that's not a typo on the resolution). So you can't expect miracles.
Something that could help a bit could be implementing some (a bit) more advanced interpolation methods than cubic/bicubic/billinear generaly when scalling or when in software renderer mode.

This is an example of the worst result I would get from a different interpolation method I love and I use alot. On pretty like everything else than that it's amazing.
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/6765/badalgo.jpg

Aww... Then why wasn't it blurry when I played it on my PS2? XP I'm pretty sure any TB has a higher reso than that O.o
Because you're Tv is not using a smooth interpolation method (if any), that's why.