Quick question: overclocking performance
Yeah, that 70 degrees temperature is after playing 20 minutes and it stops there, it doesn't gets higher. Thnx for the help, i'll buy a better cooler

Sponsored links

(03-03-2009, 02:15 PM)baholete Wrote: Yeah, that 70 degrees temperature is after playing 20 minutes and it stops there, it doesn't gets higher. Thnx for the help, i'll buy a better cooler

70° after 20 minutes is too much my friend, I mean, your processor is not going to survive more than couple of years. With my Silver Knight Water Cooler I usually got 51° at maximum playing in Pcsx2 Biggrin. you can give it a try Happy
PC:
EVGA 600 +80 PSU
NVIDIA GTX 550ti EVGA 2GB VRAM
[Image: hj0zqy-4.png]
couple of years...
Most people change their processor after 2-3years.

I have E4400 @ 3,111ghz (fsb 311) @ 1.512V, with Arctic cooling Alpine 7 pro i has 65-68degrees after 4 hours of plaing CPU-Intensive Star Ocean 3 ntsc
The most damaging thing to CPU's are excessive voltage, heat really doesn't play that big a part in terms of "Damage". The general reason you like to run as low of temps as you can is because electrical components tend to be more stable at lower temperatures (hence the reasons you have extreme cooling such as phase/liquid nitrogen/dry ice/etc..) as this can effect max-overclockability as well as stability.

I know people that have been running the same cheap-o systems (The ones that come in mini-towers with 0-1 weak case fans, passive aluminum heatsinks) etc.. going on 8-9+ years running in excess of 70-80c and still keep on ticking.

And as tswcrew mentioned, people generally upgrade computers every 2-3 years or so now (Not your grandma/grandpa, we're talking people who care about OC'n and Temps to begin with) so it's really not an issue.

Lower your temps to help stabilize and increase your overclockability. Not because your worried your CPU is going to melt.
Ninja