Quick start guide - comments
Please use this thread to discuss the Quick start guide.

I'd like to keep this guide open for constructive criticism (i.e. suggestions, corrections, comments, etc) such that it can be maintained and improved for the benefit of new users. While you make your comments, keep in mind that this guide should be kept as short and as practical as possible, and is aimed at people with minimal technical knowledge (general and emulation related).

For example, I think I want to add a section of very specific common issues with the most popular games (e.g. the garbage screen at GT4 which requires brightness=0, etc). Please post such issues and solutions here if you think they're common enough to be included at this guide.

Also, general posts (asking for configuration help, etc) will be deleted from this thread. Please use this thread only to discuss the quick guide.

Thanks.

Sponsored links

Comments copied here by me:

Rezard Wrote:Nice guide, avih. Smile

I like the idea of the Common Issues sub-section. Like the character positions in FFX, or the scaling issues with Namco games.

Maybe add something about when posting a thread for help, people should be sure to include certain details. Like this stuff:
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

recoder Wrote:Sorry! But can you please post a link in your Quick Start Guide.

PCSX2 Wiki

It contains some configuration settings for each game and might help people who are new and cannot find configuration to some specific games.

Hope you will add it. Thanks Smile
recoder Wrote:Some configurations for specific games might be there such as:

Final Fantasy X

A list of known/fixed issues are there which helped a lot of my friends.

------
Mostly done. Thanks Smile
Quick Start PCSX2 Configuration Guide v1.0.0 Wrote:- Try to enable MTVU at the speedhacks panel of the configuration (only useful if you have 3 cores or more - i5/i7).

the MTVU is also useful on dual-core with HT aka 2C4T,
nonetheless its effect or game speed improvements is not as strong as 3+ cores.

I think this piece of information mostly helps sandy/ivy bridge Laptop users whose mobile i3/i5 supports 2C4T.
durable PC since 2008
CPU : E7200 @ 2.53 GHz 1.04 V / OC 3.7 GHz 1.36 V (390*9.5, 4GB DDR2 780)
GPU : 8600GT (GDDR3, 256 MB) / OC (750 / 900)
BOARD : GA-EP31-DS3L (rev 1.0) broken and bought a second hand one replaced
PSU : 300 W
it's a game dependent thing ....

it helped everybody my i3 550 ( HT ) , Core2duo E7400 ( NO HT )

"only" should be turned to "usually" Laugh

however when it's on dual core you may have hardware shortage ( GS thread threshold ) slowdowns while at 3 cores you wont
Thanks. Changed.
Hi

I really liked the quick start configuration guide. however i still have problems running the emulator. Can you please suggest some configurations for my computer. Please note that my computer may not be a good gaming computer so i am open for any suggestions.

my laptop is a :

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.
RAM is 6GB
I have a Intel® Core™ i3 CPU @2.40Ghz
My Graphics card is Intel® HD Graphics

My PCSX2 Emulator is 1.1.0 r5722 (svn)

The Game i am trying to run is Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater and I am playing it as a ISO

Please help me as much as you can and tell me if you need more info.
Anyone else is welcome to help

Regards
MrMasterv13
(09-01-2013, 02:22 AM)MrMasterv13 Wrote: Hi

I really liked the quick start configuration guide. however i still have problems running the emulator. Can you please suggest some configurations for my computer. Please note that my computer may not be a good gaming computer so i am open for any suggestions.

my laptop is a :

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.
RAM is 6GB
I have a Intel® Core™ i3 CPU @2.40Ghz
My Graphics card is Intel® HD Graphics

My PCSX2 Emulator is 1.1.0 r5722 (svn)

The Game i am trying to run is Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater and I am playing it as a ISO

Please help me as much as you can and tell me if you need more info.
Anyone else is welcome to help

Regards
MrMasterv13

bro why not you make another thread about it . Maybe this thread is not made for this type of help.
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
(10-23-2011, 11:02 AM)avih Wrote: I'd like to keep this guide open for constructive criticism (i.e. suggestions, corrections, comments, etc)

You might wanna make a link to

LIST - Games that may not work well with MTVU

by the

Quote:- Try to enable MTVU at the speedhacks panel of the configuration (usually useful only if you have 3 cores or more - i5/i7).

line.

Also since you have a little section on games that are hard to emulate, you might wanna add links to:

LIST - The most CPU Intensive Games

and

LIST - The most GPU Intensive Games

and then under "Games which can run on slower systems" you might wanna link

LIST - Games that don't need a strong CPU to emulate

Just some suggestions Smile
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I second you on the first suggestion.
About the 3 others, I'd rather add it to the 1st post of this thread : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-Wi...y-computer
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-21-2013, 10:01 AM)jesalvein Wrote: I second you on the first suggestion.
About the 3 others, I'd rather add it to the 1st post of this thread : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-Wi...y-computer

In the interest of keeping the quickstart clutter free, I think that is a good idea. They definitely should be in the first post of the "Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer" thread. They definitely fit in well with that topic.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD