Quickening PCSX2
I realize that. Also, I heard really bad reviews about alienware cause there are so many errors. I looked at falcon-nw.com and they had some reasonable laptops but you would have to overclock them to make them reach 3ghz. The drx seems reasonable but it is 4,000 dollars Sad. Cyberpower PC would work magically but they are so expensive the world would explode if I tried to get one. They do produce the best laptop possible though but the price reaches (you guessed it) 9,000 dollars. I could get a laptop from Cyberpower PC that is at a price-range of 2,500-4,000 that would work amazingly but again, the world would explode if I tried to buy one since I can't get a job because I am not old enough. I have searched everywhere to get a job but no such luck. I am thirteen but I have to be fourteen to be legally hired.

Sponsored links

Okay, why not start with playing something a little easier to do than the PS2?
There's an abundance of great PSX games, back from when games weren't mass manufactured copies of each other yet.
I'm sure a PSX emulator can achieve full speed on your current laptop Smile
It does. But the only good game on PS is Final Fantasy 7 (in my opinion).
Also, if I were to get a new laptop, I know I would have to get something with an i7 processor. But since it is i7 and probably will have at least 2 cores, will I really need 3ghz?
For most games it's starting to get nice at 3Ghz, yep.
If you like RPGs, the PSX is THE console to emulate, just btw Wink

http://casualtygamer.com/2008/10/top-10-psx-rpgs/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIQOv5XT8hw
Darn, so I will have to find a laptop with an i7 processor and 3ghz. Fun... Sad. So I guess I will have to save a couple thousand dollars for that. I know for a fact I can run PSX though on this laptop and I do have a PS2 so it isn't the end of the world if I end up not able to run PCSX2. I'm just really bummed that a couple thousand dollars is going to be very hard to get.
with around 700 or 800 dollars you can get a very good DESKTOP pc that will be like the 2 thousand dollars laptop Tongue
desktop is the way for pcsx2 and other heavy applications or gaming
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
It'll be BETTER than the laptop, for PCSX2 anyway Wink
I realize that but I have been forbidden by my mother to get a desktop. Don't ask me why. Also, she'll tell me that the desktop we have (it's ten years old and has less than a GB of DDR ram) is good enough for whatever I need. She knows nothing about computers (she can't even copy and paste) and thinks any computer can do everything any other computer can do. A desktop is out of the question Sad.
It's tough being a teen, still, a laptop good enough to run PCSX2, as others noted, is not really worth the money unless you have a nice stack of $100 bills, which you clearly don't. Either convince her you need a new desktop PC, or buy a used PS2 or just wait till you can afford one or the hardware becomes cheaper. Spending $2500 which you don't have on a laptop just to emulate PS2 is just.. unreasonable..
I do have a PS2, I just thought it would be nice to have it on my laptop though since my sister is always on it. Also, I thought that having a portable PS2 would be nice and I came across PCSX2. I can use my PS2 if I want, I just thought it would be great to do it on the computer.