R&C 3: Up Your Arsenal issues
I have read on these forums that there are a few issues when attempting to run Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal due to its high system requirements. I initially had the common texture issues so I switched to software mode to be able to clear these issues.

This fixed the texture issues but I noticed a significant drop in FPS (60 in hardware mode and now 30 in software mode). I enabled the MTVU speedhack as suggested in other threads but have not had any luck.

I believe that my computer has the power to efficiently run the game but feel as if I must be doing something wrong. A link to my build is located below.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3u5mw

Sponsored links

Config->Video->Plugin settings

Set extra rendering threads to something like 3 or 4. That should do it.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
That intel CPU should do the trick.I have I7 2600 at stock speeds and I have set extra rendering threads to 7 or 6 (I see slight difference when compared to 3 and 4, drops seem less steep). I have also set either EE cyclerate hack or VU cycle steal to 1, cant remember which one.

I get mostly 50-60 FPS on 60hz mode( mine is PAL game.)
Excl Note to self: learn to write shorter posts
EE cycle rate hack will help. But it really shouldn't be needed with a 4770.

Setting extra rendering threads > (total cores - 3) can actually cause slowdown though. This is why we generally recommend 3 or 4.

Consider that the 4770 has 4 real cores and hyper threading, making 8 threads.

One thread is EE.

One is GS.

With MTVU one is VU.

That leaves 5 cores free. So theoretically up to 5 extra threads is okay. But if you set 6, one of the software rendering threads is going to share a core with either the EE, GS or VU depending on how that thread is scheduled. This can cause the associated component to slow down. I'm not saying don't try it, but above 4 extra threads the returns are severely diminished. And more than 5 and what I just said applies. Especially on a 4770 3 extra threads should be enough, and 4 should definitely do it.

I have an FX 6300 and even at my overclock of 4.4Ghz, it's per thread performance is significantly less than the 4770. I can run this game at full speed with MTVU enabled, EE cycle rate hack at 3(but again I doubt the 4770 would need this), and extra rendering threads at 3. Notice this uses all 6 of my cores. Setting 4 threads shows no difference over 3, and setting 5 causes slowdown.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Cool thanks for the tips, going to try them out and see what happens. I actually just tried the original Ratchet and Clank and noticed similar issues so hopefully it solves it.

EDIT:
I actually just changed the "Extra Rendering Threads" up to 3 and it seems to be working fine. Might play around with other settings people have recommended but so far so good. Thanks for the quick responses.
well im looking at trying to hack the internal framerate with the widescreen helper, i managed to find a 60 fps sonic heroes hack by switching from 3f800000 to 3f000000.
Deleted
Due to the request of Nobbs66 I opened a separate thread Wink
please open your own thread instead of hijacking someone else's
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]