Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAM slot broken?
Sad 
i wanted to upgrade my RAM i had an 2gb RAM ( 2x1 ddr2 667 ) i knew that my mobo can support till 800 so i wanted to buy 4gb RAM ( 2x2ddr2 800 ) then i tried them out it worked cool for about 1-2 years but then they broke but i didnt sell my old ones and i put them but one of them did not work then i figure it out that the slot is broke ( i test it by switching slots ) is there any way to fix it at home or i have to let professional fix it

Sponsored links

IF the slot is broke there insn't really something you can do about that.
Try clearing your cmos (bios) with the jumper settings and try again.

I'm a computer professional and i can't remember i ever had a broken ram slot (that doesn't mean it isn't possible). I did had broken ram though but that's ages ago (i'm about 10 years in the industry). Are you sure you interswitched all rams. Not all memory is compatible with each other.

I3 530@2.93 ghz
4gb ddr3 ram
ati hd 5770

Educate men without faith and you make them clever devils.
Yeah, try using the jumper to clear CMOS. This way the motherboard will try to re-detect the RAM that are installed and reconfigure it so it boots.
CPU: i7 930 @ 2.8GHz(Everyday)/3.6GHz(Gaming)/4.0GHz(Encoding)
GPU: Geforce GTX 480 @ 850MHz/1001MHz
Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D-E
RAM: 2x3 6GB OCZ @ 1527MHz 8-8-8-24
Try to check the slot for any visible damage to it.
Also use a proper thread title next time please Wink
sory bad internet conection ( solved )
(12-02-2010, 02:09 PM)rama Wrote: Try to check the slot for any visible damage to it.
Also use a proper thread title next time please Wink
sory bad internet connection ( solved )

(12-02-2010, 07:02 AM)frosty5689 Wrote: Yeah, try using the jumper to clear CMOS. This way the motherboard will try to re-detect the RAM that are installed and reconfigure it so it boots.

that make sense i have seen that auto disabling slot is on in bios i will give it a try

(12-02-2010, 04:25 AM)evildead789 Wrote: IF the slot is broke there insn't really something you can do about that.
Try clearing your cmos (bios) with the jumper settings and try again.

I'm a computer professional and i can't remember i ever had a broken ram slot (that doesn't mean it isn't possible). I did had broken ram though but that's ages ago (i'm about 10 years in the industry). Are you sure you interswitched all rams. Not all memory is compatible with each other.
i didn't meant broken really broken just not working
and what the meaning of jumper settings is it default settings
come on please any body what is jumper settings
(12-03-2010, 04:59 PM)abdo123 Wrote: come on please any body what is jumper settings

There are three pins on your motherboard with the name cmos besides it
two pins are connected by a jumper , you can move the jumer so it connects the middle pin with the other pin (there are only two ways you can put the jumper on the three pins, use the other way).
If you don't find it post a high res picture of your motherboard and i will point it out for you

I3 530@2.93 ghz
4gb ddr3 ram
ati hd 5770

2 minutes and the picture is yours
http://repositorio2.masoportunidades.com...7_26_6.jpg here thats my mother board please respond quickly
this is a link to the manual of your motherboard

http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=downlo...ype=manual

on page 1-4 you find a motherboard layout .
on page 2-19 you find the settings on the jumper

The jumper is called jbat1 and isbetween the slot of your videocard and the first pci-slot (white slot)
You can also see it on the motherboard layout in that manual.
You have to boot your pc with the jumper setting on 'clear data'
After the system booted and you could go into bios power off the system and change the jumper back. After that boot again.
You will have to adjust the settings of your bios again (like, date, time, hdd (just do auto-detect), the other default settings should be good to let everything work).
Be sure if you have onboard vga and you use an pci-e videocard that you disable onboard vga. You will have to boot with the first time with your monitor connected to your onboard vga though (it's easy to see if you have multiple ports to connect your monitor to)
if you have problems just post, we will find the solution

I3 530@2.93 ghz
4gb ddr3 ram
ati hd 5770