RAM usage and crashing windows
Note: i did go search on the forums for another thread with a similar issue, but couldn't find one, sorry if i missed them i guess.

So yesterday i was playing several games using the emulator, and everything went fine. Although when i was done, i had noticed a big increase in memory usage, going from roughly 30-40% to 60%, even when the program was closed, i checked out the processes, the PCSx2 wasn't anywhere to be seen, but i noticed a huge increase in RAM usage by the Nvidia control panel and several other processes, i didn't think much about it, but some time later windows 7 crashed and i have a slight suspicion that PCSX2 might have something to do with it.

I decided to do a little testing, and after a quick reboot, i opened up the emulator and closed it again after a few minutes of playing, and again i noticed the increase in RAM usage, in the other processes.

I would really appreciate it if anyone could come up with a solution to this, atleast to the point where i wouldn't have a 20% increase in RAM usage.

Specs if you're interested:
Windows 7
8GB RAM
GTX 660m
Intel I7 Core

Sponsored links

Maybe try different nvidia drivers(slightly older/newer), althrough I don't have any nvidia nowadays I do remember some time ago nvidia drivers had memory leak with running videos or something, might be same story once again;p.
first do a scan with an antivirus

or use malwarebyte to delete malware its very useful if you had high ram or cpu usage
Smile,Listen,Agree

And then do whatever you wanted to do anyway...

(sorry for my bad english, i am french Cool )
(06-19-2013, 03:14 PM)salamandar Wrote: first do a scan with an antivirus

or use malwarebyte to delete malware its very useful if you had high ram or cpu usage

I may be wrong but the "malware using pcsx2 as bait to falsely increase the occupied memory size of other processes in order to crash the operating system" case falls in the highly-unlikely category.

What he describes sounds more like a memory leak, likely from a driver as miseru said. Are all the processes that have increased usage some sort of GUI?