RPG games with Overdrives/Hi Ougi Artes
Hello there! I have a question can someone help me find games that have such things like overdrives/mystic artes/hi ougi's? i already have Tales Of The Abbys which has really nice finishers but can't really find anything more beside Shadow Hearts . Im looking for something that has this kind of specials/finisher system or simillar, i also have FFX-X2-12, Star Ocean,Grandia 3 .Might be 2D or 3D as far as it has good story and effects . Looking forward to help me find all those cool titles <3

Sponsored links

Valkyrie profile silmeria is quite good, but still a bit expensive...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
doubt: why are you having two similar threads with the same problem ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Not really much more games like that. Tales of series had a unique battle system like that.

Most games that come close to it have been mentioned already. I can't really think of much else atm.

Shining Tears, Disgaea maybe.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
PS2 only or?
Maybe those(don't know if you can call some of the attacks in those games "Hi-Ougi" but...)
Ar Tonelico 2
Atelier Iris 2,3
Hack GU
Legaia 2 Duel Saga
Mana Khemia 1/2
MS Saga New Dawn
Rogue Galaxy
Suikoden 5
Wild Arms 5
Ow sorry must have been posted 2 times while i refreshed page :/ seccond one is to close . I have Valkyrie Profile just need to have a look for game with something similar to finishers system ^^
well yea most likely ps2 Tongue i like flash stuff like magics/skills and everything that blows the screen with effects o.o
Maybe the Xenosaga, but only in the second and third episode (I don't remember well).
i5 2500k@4,9ghz / Gtx980 Msi Gaming / 2x SSD Samsung 840pro 256gb / Acer Predator 24" G-sync
Corsair K95 RGB / Logitech G502 Proteus Core / Bose Companion 2 Serie III
Old JRPG fan, experienced mmo player, PC hardware expert
Naw played Xenosaga im nto into that kind of games and effects um... i leave better effects in my toilet Laugh
Wtf its one of the best rpg serie ever Tongue2
Nervermind !
i5 2500k@4,9ghz / Gtx980 Msi Gaming / 2x SSD Samsung 840pro 256gb / Acer Predator 24" G-sync
Corsair K95 RGB / Logitech G502 Proteus Core / Bose Companion 2 Serie III
Old JRPG fan, experienced mmo player, PC hardware expert
Not an RPG, but Onimusha 2 has some very satisfying charge, magic, counter and transformation attacks. It's like spamming overdrives every 5 seconds. Every attack in that game has weight behind it, they look flashy too.

And for the record, Xenosaga is awesome d: