Raidata Stories
I'm starting to play the game. As long as too much scenery doesn't get rendered I even get decent speeds using gsdx-1873 and pcsx-r1888 without any speedhacks (turning them doesn't seem to do a thing).

But I got two graphical issues problems. One I think is what people refer to as ghosting (although I'm guesing here), I see like a fuzzy colored aura around the characters. And the other thing is the vertical colored stripes that are annoying. I think I've read somewhere that you could edit a file with some coordinate and fix some of this (sorry about being vague but I can't remember the file name). So anyways I was wondering If there was anything I could do?

Thanks for any help.
My Computer: Intel i7 870 @ 2.93 Ghz. XForce Ati Radeon 5870 with 1 Gb RAM. 6 GB DDR3 1333 Mhz RAM.

Sponsored links

You are correct on the ghosting... you can try messing with the ini file and setting offset, but it's a hackey solution that often causes as many problems as it fixes. You can also try using an older version of gsdx... 1398 gives me less ghosting in most games, but may cause slowdowns or graphic glitches depending on the game as well... again not an ideal solution.

That said, there is a lot of progress in GSDx lately, specifically the new betas have a new scale filter that looks gorgeous and fixes almost all games I've had ghosting in (and drastically reducing the ones that it doesn't completely fix) but it's not ready for public consumption yet. You can compile a version yourself using the compile guide (just instead of building the entire project, build only GSDx)
[Image: 2748844.png]
Ok, then.

Thanks for the answer. I'm not in a hurry. I'll just play another game that doesn't require it so much.

What about the vertical lines I mentioned?
My Computer: Intel i7 870 @ 2.93 Ghz. XForce Ati Radeon 5870 with 1 Gb RAM. 6 GB DDR3 1333 Mhz RAM.
Remains of what should be a depth of field effect. It's broken in GSdx on many levels, so all that could be done is trying to hack it out.
Ohh, interesting.

Well, it'll get fix eventually. But thanks for the answer.
(11-15-2009, 06:01 PM)aarelovich Wrote: Well, it'll get fix eventually.

Don't hold your breath Tongue2
I won't but either a hack or a fix will appear.

The last thing to lose is hope. Like a year ago I would have never imagined that you could play ps2 games in PC this well.
Rama's point is that it's very possible some (or many) game issues will never be solved. Such is the nature of emulation, sometimes the difference between the emulated system and your PC is so vast some things are just not possible (or extremely hard) to get working.
So it's possible a hack or fix will never appear Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(11-16-2009, 09:16 AM)Bositman Wrote: Rama's point is that it's very possible some (or many) game issues will never be solved. Such is the nature of emulation, sometimes the difference between the emulated system and your PC is so vast some things are just not possible (or extremely hard) to get working.
So it's possible a hack or fix will never appear Tongue

Ok. Thanks for making it clear. The emoticon threw me off. I thought he was half-serious , half-joking.