Random Crashing
Every time I play a game on PCSX2, it crashes after 20 or 30 minutes. I don't know what the problem is, but it just makes my whole system freeze for about 3-5 minutes, and then the game window closes and my computer is fine again. I use DS3 tool with a PS3 controller. I have a FX-8150, GTX 680, and 32GB of ram. When it crashes task manager shows that PCSX2 is using ~14GB of ram, which shouldn't happen. Any help is appreciated thanks

Sponsored links

14 gb of ram strange, anyway what ur ee , vu and gs % while playing the game..,,also post the emulog of after the crash....and what type of game u are trying to play..thanks
What is the error you get? The most common cause is xaudio2, so it might fix it changing spu2x to use directsound
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(07-04-2013, 10:00 AM)shortbusser Wrote: Every time I play a game on PCSX2, it crashes after 20 or 30 minutes. I don't know what the problem is, but it just makes my whole system freeze for about 3-5 minutes, and then the game window closes and my computer is fine again. I use DS3 tool with a PS3 controller. I have a FX-8150, GTX 680, and 32GB of ram. When it crashes task manager shows that PCSX2 is using ~14GB of ram, which shouldn't happen. Any help is appreciated thanks

Since PCSX2 is a 32-bit program, it exceeding 4GB is going to cause it to crash (actually, by default I think it only accesses 2GB as it's not high memory aware).

As Rama said, the current most likely cause of a random crash is xaudio2 in the audio plugin settings.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Im not rama Tongue2

Pcsx2 cant physically allocate 14gb though. Due to the 32bitness mentioned
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(07-04-2013, 12:59 PM)refraction Wrote: Im not rama Tongue2

Pcsx2 cant physically allocate 14gb though. Due to the 32bitness mentioned

Haha sorry Refrac, just woke up (7am here) to our new screaming daughter (just got home from the hospital a couple days ago) and I didn't double check who I was quoting.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(07-04-2013, 01:03 PM)Koji Wrote: just woke up (7am here) to our new screaming daughter (just got home from the hospital a couple days ago)
geez... too many parents around here...

Congratulations Laugh
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
It does it with almost every game I've played, and I have tried both of those audio plugins. I'm also using GDSX, and depending on the game I use either hardware or software, and I don't have any manual speedhacks enabled, it's all automatic. I'm using the latest build. Also, thanks to the mod that moved my thread, I wasn't exactly sure where to put it. I'll try again in the morning, and hopefully it doesn't hardlock my computer so I can look at the things you are asking for.
Make sure you are using the latest official build and not the latest svn build since svn builds can be buggy sometimes. Try the official build and see if that solves your issue and let us know if it did or not.

Click here to download official build.
New Gran Turismo 4 Config+Shader 2017

Intel Core i5 OCed @ 4.00 Ghz - GeForce GTX 970 - 16 GB RAM Crucial Ballistic Sport PC3-16000 - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit