Random FPS drop is FFX [Need Major Help!]
Could we get a full screenshot of an exact moment when you're having a slowdown?
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB

Sponsored links

(04-07-2011, 06:25 AM)Rezard Wrote: Did you check on that Hyperthreading setting at all?

where is that setting located?
(04-07-2011, 06:29 AM)Larfin_Man Wrote: Could we get a full screenshot of an exact moment when you're having a slowdown?

[Image: ikq4li.png]

there ya go.
It would be in BIOS. You know, when you first turn on your PC and it says to press a certain key to enter setup (usually DEL).

I noticed you've installed PCSX2 into the Program Filles directory. This is not a good idea. Also, uncheck "Use default setting" for your plugins (among other things, IMO). It seems to be using your old plugins, not the new one's.
(04-07-2011, 06:36 AM)Rezard Wrote: It would be in BIOS. You know, when you first turn on your PC and it says to press a certain key to enter setup (usually DEL).

I noticed you've installed PCSX2 into the Program Filles directory. This is not a good idea. Also, uncheck "Use default setting" for your plugins (and everything else IMHO). It seems to be using your old plugins, not the new one's.

for plugins, im pretty sure i uninstalled pcsx2 and i reinstalled, so everything should be brand new. here is my drop down list of my plugins for video.

[Image: im6NxO.png]

and for the hyperthreading option in the beginning, what should i put it to?
Since it's running at exactly half speed (assuming you're playing the NTSC version) even though your CPU isn't struggling at all, it has to be either slow motion, which is 50%, or the blur interlacing (which I'm assuming is why it's so blurry..?). For now, just set the slow motion percentage to 100 just to make sure that's not it. Even if you think that's not the cause, it's worth trying.

EDIT:
Also, now that you have the latest beta plugins, use GSdx 3693 SSE41.
im playing the international version, which is NTSC-J. And it shouldn't be in slow motion at all.
LOL. I see. You have all the GSdx version in there, but you did have an older one selected in that last screen, ya know? Smile

Set Hyperthreading to "Disabled". It may make little difference, but I've seen it make a huge one.
I understand that you think it shouldn't be in slow motion, but with your CPU and GPU going with plenty of power to spare, slow motion and interlacing seem to be the only 2 possible causes.
(04-07-2011, 06:43 AM)Rezard Wrote: LOL. I see. You have all the GSdx version in there, but you did have an older one selected in that last screen, ya know? Smile

Set Hyperthreading to "Disabled". It may make little difference, but I've seen it make a huge one.

my first screencaps, i used the old one. since i reinstalled, im using the new ones now. ill do the hyperthreading now and see if that makes a difference.
Actually I can clearly tell it's not in slow motion since it says Normal in the screenshot. Did you try setting interlacing to none? That's the only thing left worth trying.

BTW, while disabling hyperthreading may help performance in other cases, it won't help here at all since it's not a CPU problem. If the EE was going at 100%, that's when messing with the CPU would help.