Random FPS drops in all games
Wait, EE spike and FPS drop only mean that your cpu isn't powerful enough to handle that particular scene or scene change on that particular game.

Shame, that I never got the chance to test SO3 on pcsx2 to see how it is. What other game do you see the drop?

Sponsored links

Quote:Wait, EE spike and FPS drop only mean that your cpu isn't powerful enough to handle that particular scene or scene change on that particular game.

Shame, that I never got the chance to test SO3 on pcsx2 to see how it is. What other game do you see the drop?

I launched Persona 4 now, same settings (except F5).
Intro movie started - two fps drops. Closed emulator.
Started it again - no fps drops. One more time.
One fps drop.
It's not giving fps drops when I just wandering, though. Only in battles. To be exact, when I firstly strike, cast magic, scan e.t.c.

FF X works most weirdly. When I just loaded game it gives no fps drops at all for about 2 hours. I can freely fight, play blitz, travel and so on. After that it's starts to give those drops than some magic/skills used in battle. But after reseting recompiler it works again.

Guilty Gear AC works almost perfectly, but sometimes it gives those fps drops before loading a level (when battling characters introduced) and in battle. Rare.

Kingdom Hearts 1,2 mostly perfectly, but have random fps drops when I just wandering around.

Rogue Galaxy same as KH.
(01-13-2012, 09:23 PM)Shiza-chan Wrote: It's not giving fps drops when I just wandering, though. Only in battles. To be exact, when I firstly strike, cast magic, scan e.t.c.

If your fps drops when you cast magic spells then it means you're gpu limited. Cast the spell Demi in FFX, if you get fps drop it mean you're gpu limited. I get fps drop at 6x native with the demi spell Laugh
Quote:If your fps drops when you cast magic spells then it means you're gpu limited. Cast the spell Demi in FFX, if you get fps drop it mean you're gpu limited. I get fps drop at 6x native with the demi spell
As i said above - for first two hours I'm not getting fps drops anywhere. After this time period I get fps drops even if someone casts cure/fire/haste e.t.c.

Today I noticed even more fps drops in SO3 when I was just wandering about. And my pc wasn't used somehow else between this two days. Checked for viruses just in case, nothing found. What the hell is happening. Sad
This is kind of shoot in the dark but check for your dpc latency for possible driver or hardware failure

http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml
(01-14-2012, 08:06 PM)naoan Wrote: This is kind of shoot in the dark but check for your dpc latency for possible driver or hardware failure

http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml
Thanks for the link, tried that now.
I launched persona 4 and just let this game to show both movies two times conse...uh...in row. I noticed about 4 fps drops, so I was checking DPC immediately, but it's wasn't changin at all. Fought few battles (2 more fps drops, not counting ones for "first strike/scan/magic"), still no changes.
[Image: 8rGyo.png]
Here it is. It was almost all time at 100-150 changing to 200-250 at battle. I got a 400+ when I opened my mozilla though. <.< But if I'm right drop-outs should go out a "green zone", right?
Gonna give it a try in SO3 after I finish with some story-related dialogs in it.

Upd:
Okay, tried with SO3 too.
http://i.imgur.com/g7xxa.jpg
No change. =/
make sure that you haven't turned Cool 'n Quiet on in your bios, it might throw your readings off. cause Persona 4 isn't that heavy, with some area/backgrounds/monsters being an exclusion ofcourse. I was able to run P4 easily with some slowdowns in the game on my old Athlon X2 6000+ and 2600xt Smile
It's set to "enabled" by default...^^
But still - disabled and no difference.
try overclocking your cpu
I began to suspect that those fps drops just a normal behavior of underpowered machine, pcsx2 isn't perfect, you can't expect full fps all the time, moreso with AMD machine.