Random Lag During Game
Okay thank you I will post back here tomorrow when I am near my computer. Also I would go to a Intel set up if the price wasn't a factor, but it is so I hope that this will work and make due for now. Thank you again.

Sponsored links

(01-16-2013, 12:18 PM)Dorkstinn Wrote: Okay thank you I will post back here tomorrow when I am near my computer. Also I would go to a Intel set up if the price wasn't a factor, but it is so I hope that this will work and make due for now. Thank you again.

Good news for AM3+ board owners is that AMDs "Piledriver" CPUs look like they might be a great improvement over their current offerings.

I am using a FX 6100 six core cpu, which admittedly sucks for most PCSX2 games, but hope to replace this soon with the new FX-4350 when it is released, which (on paper at least) will out-perform most of the i5 range for a lot less $$$.

Here's hoping they dont scew this one up. Wacko
Well, please do test and report back then. I'm also interested Tongue2
Is there any dual-core Piledriver CPU for desktop today?
(01-16-2013, 08:40 PM)Livy Wrote: Is there any dual-core Piledriver CPU for desktop today?

AFAIK, the minimum number of cores on Piledriver CPUs is 4.
When I attempted to use the MTVU hack it made it perform better but there was still lag spikes and after changing what cores it is using it ran a little better because I was able to isolate the process to ones that are not being heavily used. The lag spikes are fewer and farther in-between but they still exist. If anyone else has any more ideas they are greatly appreciated.
Also another question that I had was is there any reason for the game to have a random lag spike it will do it at seemingly random times, even when I am just a menu not doing anything it will begin to lag.
(01-16-2013, 11:10 PM)Dorkstinn Wrote: When I attempted to use the MTVU hack it made it perform better but there was still lag spikes and after changing what cores it is using it ran a little better because I was able to isolate the process to ones that are not being heavily used. The lag spikes are fewer and farther in-between but they still exist. If anyone else has any more ideas they are greatly appreciated.

Have you installed the Windows 7 Hotfixes for AMD Bulldozer CPUs?

http://www.cpu-world.com/news_2012/20120...ows_7.html

I can't say that I have noticed any major difference, but you might.
(01-16-2013, 05:43 PM)Agrajag Wrote: the new FX-4350 when it is released, which (on paper at least) will out-perform most of the i5 range for a lot less $$$.

HMM where have i heard this before? oh yeah, amd was claiming that buldozer were good performing cpu's before it was released xD

@op sounds to me that there is some throttle going on, when the cpu isnt used much it is downclocked through amd technology (cool n quiet, you can find this in the bios options of your pc)
plus check if you dont have vsync enabled on the nvidia control panel, if it is on 30fps stable then it could be that the vsync could mess up the framerates as well. (put this on either variable or off in the 3d settings)

also in the energy savings settings in windows put the pc on high perfomance just in case Tongue (control panel >> system and securety >> power options

hope it helped Smile
Okay while I checking the AMD OverDrive i noticed that every time it gets a lag spike the "Current Speed" of each core of the processor falls to just under 1500 MHz while when it is normally running it is at about 4300 MHz. Does this information help at all?

EDIT:
Also it seems to happen when the temperature reaches 70 degrees. I am going to assume that its a overheating issue then, but could anyone either verify this or have any hints to lower the temperature.