Random Lag Spikes
When playing Mega Man X Collection (from an ISO) on PCSX2 I am encountering frequent lag spikes where the game essentially freezes for a brief moment after running at an otherwise constant ~60fps. It happens to me on all versions of PCSX2 I have tried (0.9.8, 1.0.0, and 1.2.1) and with every possible combination of the default video and audio plugins. Is there any known fix for this problem, or is my computer not powerful enough for PS2 emulation? I figure the requirements might not be as steep for a game like X Collection since it a port of SNES/PSX games.

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz 2.67GHz
Insallted memory (RAM): 24.0 GB
System Type: 64-bit Operating System
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 570

Sponsored links

Lol join the club me and a couple other people have same issue. Does it happen if you try software mode as well? I also have a intel /nvidia combo I'm almost wondering if that's the common thread. I'm almost ready to build a cheap amd /radeon pc to see if that gives different results.

At least I know I'm not crazy
The i7 920 isnt that fast
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
It's not that fast, but it doesn't seem like that's the issue here.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(09-13-2014, 02:42 AM)markyrocks69 Wrote: Lol join the club me and a couple other people have same issue. Does it happen if you try software mode as well? I also have a intel /nvidia combo I'm almost wondering if that's the common thread. I'm almost ready to build a cheap amd /radeon pc to see if that gives different results.

At least I know I'm not crazy

Yeah it happens on both software and hardware.
does it happen with MTVU on/off?
Also, what's your CPU temp like when it happens?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Yes it happens with MTVU both on and off. And the temp is around 70ºC when it happens.
what is the CPU multiplier running at?
12-22