Random blank screen at times
What is causing this?

I have been having a strange problem that I never seen or had before especially in the version I am using. It doesn't matter what game I am playing it does it randomly in anything. What happens is when the screen fades to black to load up the next part the screen just stays black or blank. pressing F9 to go to software does nothing. The emulator is still running as you can see the FPS, EE, etc etc moving around.

I would post pics of my settings but IMGUR hasn't been letting me do that as of late and all the other sites require a an account. So its better for me to just list. Now keep in mind as what I list is on and what I do not list is off.

Graphic settings
DX11
Texture filtering
Enable HW hacks
16x AA

SW mode
Enable EDE AA (AA1)
Emotion Engine- Recompiler
EE/FPU -

Round mode
Chop/zero

Clamping
Normal

VU's

VU0 and VU1
Micro VU

VUo/VU1
chop/zero

Clamping Mode
Normal

GS Window all Default settings

GS Window (The following items are checked)
AR 16:9
Disabled window resize border
Always hide mouse cursor
Hide window when paused
Double click toggle full screen

Speed Hacks
MTVU

Game fixes
Switch to GSDX when a FMV plays.

Version of emulator.

1.1 svn 5457

PC specs
15 3570 4.5GHZ
2GB HD Radeon
8GB DDR3 1600mhz
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3

Sponsored links

Try tirningvthe mtvu hack off.

Also it might help us to know what games youre trying for any known problems
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Well it happens with any game it seems like but I'll list the games I recently played where It has happened.

The games are. The Warriors and FFX-2 international+Last Mission

Turn MTVU off huh? Well After all this time of using the emulator I never seen this happen even on my current version.

As I mentioned it happens at random times. There is no set spot where it happens every single time.

It could take some time for me to test this out as I mentioned its random. So I'll try playing without it on. I just hope bringing it down to 2 cores wont hurt me that much.
at random times? hmm.. are you playing using ISO's on an external drive or anything? what does the PCSX2 emulog say at the point it hangs?

From what I have read (not sure about when the info was posted or if it's still relevant), DX9/10 is recommended over DX11. You could start there and see if it makes a difference.
I am using ISO files.

I never bothered to check the logs. So I have no idea on what it says when it does happen t that point in time. I wouldn't really say the game hangs as the emulation is still going. nothing is frozen but it seems like one can't move or do anything at the point it does happen either. I can't tell from the logs. I would have to have it happen again and check then.

(04-10-2013, 02:50 PM)DragonSyn Wrote: From what I have read (not sure about when the info was posted or if it's still relevant), DX9/10 is recommended over DX11. You could start there and see if it makes a difference.

That's odd. Why is that?
I don't it'll make a difference to be honest, especially if F9 software mode doesn't help.

that said, r5457 had some serious issues with GSDX after attempting a change which did not go well (also it's getting on a bit now), i would suggest getting a much newer version of the emulator. r5611 should be pretty stable.

Alright. I'll get that then and switch everything over

Umm there seems to be a problem. It seems like you can't download svn 5611. I went to click on download from it and it brings me to this page with all other SVN's from 5605 on down. This must be a problem with the link?

Would 5605 be sufficient enough?
gah the build bot is broken again >.< yes 5605 will be fine Smile

(04-10-2013, 02:54 PM)fade2black001 Wrote: That's odd. Why is that?

From what I understand, the DX 11 plug-in isn't (or wasn't) as fleshed out as it's DX 9/10 counterparts. Again, as I said before, not sure if this info is still relevant or not. Just throwing it out there.