Random crash while playing certain games
Hello everyone, recently i've been into emulating my old PS2 games.

Most games I have are working correctly, no crash nor anything else, I played them without anything going wrong. But while playing certain games, PCSX2 randomly crash, I've used the debug option in Visual Studio 2013 and sometime it's involving the .DLL of gsdx. There is no specific moments when the game crash, it just randomly does it.

Here a list of the games that i've tried

Working correctly (No crash nor anything) :
  • Persona 4
  • Persona 3 FES
  • The Simpsons : Hit & Run

Random Crash :
  • Kingdom Hearts
  • Final Fantasy X
  • Shin Megami Tensei : Digital Devil Saga (Contains visual artifact with the shadows)

Thank you for helping me out, I really want to play all my games but with those random crashes, it's impossible to fully enjoy them.

Sponsored links

To give us an idea, an emulog from after a crash would be a good idea
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Did you try with speedhacks disabled ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
@jesalvein I've looked at the emulogs myself and nothing about an error, the last thing that showed in the logs is me loading a save state

@ssakash I just checked and speedhacks are enabled. Considering I have a good computer I guess I could give it a shot.
(07-12-2015, 07:29 PM)raphy963 Wrote: @jesalvein I've looked at the emulogs myself and nothing about an error, the last thing that showed in the logs is me loading a save state
would have been nice to let us see.
But if you know exactly what you're doing, why did you come to get support ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I've spent the entire afternoon yesterday trying to find out what was causing the problem. I might know what i'm doing but that doesn't mean I know everything.
Actually, also please provide your emulog. Error message aren't the only thing which could be known from them Wink
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
I'm currently trying without speedhacks, I'll provide the emulogs if it crash again
if spux is using xaudio switch it to portaudio
So far so good, no crash so far. I'll play more tonight and post if it crash again or if it doesn't!