Random crashing...
Note that when I'm saying PCSX2 crashes, I mean a box pops up that PCSX2 has stopped responding and needs to close. When I click "Ok" it completely closes my emulator.

Also, DirectSound (option 2) with Timestretch should work without the skipping/crashing?

EDIT:  Are sound settings really this common for causing crashes that everyone immediately assumes that it is the cause? I didn't think it was video settings or anything either, but I also didn't think sound plugin would play that big of a part. I'm gonna do some testing on Option 2 DirectSound(nice) when I get a moment.. With Timestretch mode. I will post results then.

Sponsored links

I never had problems with dsound. But I also never had pcsx2 crashing... ( I think really never...at least not that I can remember...)
XAudio2 has a bug which only seems to affect some people, there's no correlation that I know of, but it seems to unload itself randomly then the program tries to use it and it just crashes, probably due to a null reference.

We aren't the only people to suffer, dolphin had the same issue, one mention i can find of it happening here: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-do...l-unloaded
there was a huge discussion and fix on it somewhere which involved manually declaring all of the XAudio2 API Entry points I believe, but i suspect it was on googlecode, which no longer has a dolphin project.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I hate to say it (but I'm glad to be able to say it) but I think you're right in the diagnosis, guys. I managed to play Need for Speed Most Wanted for a longer period than previously and without any crashes. I still need to do more testing obviously, but the fix really could be that simple.. And I facepalm because of it.

I wanna thank you all for helpin Smile