Random freezes / fps drops in GTA Vice City Stories (1.4.0)
Yes, I had the same problem with a "green" drive. It is now relegated to backup duties, the only thing it is fit for.
CPU: i7 4790K  GPU: MSI GTX980
RAM: 16 GB DDR4  OS: Windows 7 64-bit

Sponsored links

(07-09-2016, 05:05 PM)refraction Wrote: ok well you can fix your Green HDD so it shouldn't be a problem, it's a bit of a task as you need to boot in to DOS to do it, which means making a bootable cd or memory stick or something.

Here's some instructions on how to do it http://www.storagereview.com/how_to_stop...th_wdidle3

Glad all is fine on your SSD Smile

It seems like it really is fine on my SSD Smile. And pretty thanks for that instrucion, I will definately use it because I wanted to have my emulators on HDD, and leave space on SSD for other things, so if that really works out and it helps those hiccups - I take it Smile. Reputation given.

(07-09-2016, 06:59 PM)joques Wrote: Yes, I had the same problem with a "green" drive. It is now relegated to backup duties, the only thing it is fit for.

When my previous HDD broke, I got this one for free so I shouldn't cry Laugh, so glad I got a SSD too. So you had exactly the same problem in VCS or was it another game?
I had the exact same problem in both PCSX2 and Dolphin.
CPU: i7 4790K  GPU: MSI GTX980
RAM: 16 GB DDR4  OS: Windows 7 64-bit
Oh wow, that sucks. Thanks for the heads up! So if anyone has the same problem - just use another HDD/SSD that does not have aggressive parking, or use this tutorial to turn it off in your HDD: http://www.storagereview.com/how_to_stop...th_wdidle3

Thanks for help and I think this problem has been dealt with Smile.
So did the wdidle3 program work then? Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I will try this method today and report later here.

Edit: I did everything that is said in that tutorial and it did it! Smile Now I was testing the emulation on my Green HDD and no more hiccups! Thanks once again.
Excellent news! Glad it worked! Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]