Random lags and such
For some reason my PCSX2 (0.9.6 if you need to know that) is randomly lagging when I try to record with Fraps. By "random lagging" I mean that the game runs on full speed, then after 30-40 seconds it starts spazzing around, going down to ~25 FPS and after another 10 seconds going back to 60 FPS again. I do know my computer isn't the best but I have recorded footage already earlier and didn't have those lags in there. I am playing Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix btw. So I have no clue where these random lags come from so if anyone knows it, tell me so I can fix that problem again Wink

If needed, my laptop specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel Core i3 @2.4GHz
4GB RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 Graphic Card

Sponsored links

It's likely your laptop is getting too hot. Try and find ways to cool it down, possibly give it a blow out where the fans/heatsink are and keep it on a cold, hard surface is possible.

Long and short of it is, laptops arent made the amount of work the emulator will put it through, it gets too hot and throttles itself down to ttry and reduce the amount of heat it's producing, which results in the lags you experience.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

If that is the case, I will look into it. I will upload a video on YouTube so everyone can see, what the lags look like.
that probably wont be much use. Itll just be sudden slow downs. Best thing to do, get something like "Realtemp" and check your temperatures while running PCSX2
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I will try that program. Seemy useful. Thanks! I'll post again if there are still any issues...and if everything's fine, you will not hear from me Wink